Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a new puppy long story short we are stumped for WHAT exactly she is......

Age: 12-16 weeks. Going to the vet soon to do rabies but from what we were told by her previous owner(got her from a friend) that they got her on Valentines day but weren't sure of her exact age but somewhere between 6-9 weeks at that point.

Size: Don't have an exact weight yet but about 10/15lbs and about the size of your typical Jack Russel/Min Pin

Coat: Double coated, looks kinda like the retriever puppy coat still... Probably will end up being medium haired..

Very dominant, very playful, LOVES playing fetch. Pretty smart but acts like a toddler. Constantly having to redirect her, and substitute random household items for her toys..

We WERE told that she was husky/lab... I'm thinking Husky/Australian Shepherd (Found puppies for sale online that look EXACT)... BUT she's about 10ish lbs(Super small, wears my old 3.5lb Chihuahua's collar on the loosest setting) so we're thrown off a bit about her size...

So opinions?

·
Registered
259 Posts
I wouldn't think that either Husky x Lab or Husky x Aussie are too far off. She definitely looks like such that I've seen in pictures before and am looking at now. I'd care to guess she's pure husky one on side and perhaps a little bit of a mix on the other? Because she does indeed sound a bit small for, give or take, nearly 4 months if she were a straight mix of either. Maybe not though, I don't know puppies too horribly well anyway. I'd put my money on Husky x Lab mix.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts