Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
Cat-dog, GSD spayed female and Tornado-dog, JRT mix, neutered male
Joined
·
667 Posts
I'm glad to hear things are going well and hope she recovers fully.

I've never had ibuprofen poisoning in a dog, but I had a cat who had onion poisoning which is very similar to ibuprofen poisoning. He had a blood infusion (thanks Popeye!) and came home much improved. It wasn't much more than a month later that he became sick again and had to be put down. He didn't ingest more onion or anything, it just appeared that the treatment provided a temporary relief only.

So, I really recommend you keep a very close watch on him for at least severaal months. If you see anything off, get him back to the vet immediately.
 
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Top