Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my new puppy for about a week and a half now and he seems to dream all the time. I see him moving his paws and sometimes even his whole legs as if he's running. He whines and whimpers, he twitches his body from time to time as well. It's interesting to see him dream. I wonder what he's thinking about. Is he running or wrestling? It is a happy dream or a scary dream? It's find of fun to watch and it makes me wonder what is going on in his little brain.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
I think it depends. My older dog really never does anything in her sleep, she has a few times when she was younger but not now. But my puppy she seems to have dreams all the time! Always moving around and whineing. Odd. I wonder what the dream about? Running around in a huge field chasing a squirel? Lol.

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
My girl is between 1 and 2 years old, and seems to dream twice a week (that I know of). Her legs twitch, her tail wags, and she starts barking and yipping quietly... she just seems so happy. My best guess is that wherever she is, there's a never-ending supply of tennis balls, and the squirrels are too fat and slow to escape.

·
Registered
981 Posts
My one deceased dog used to bark in her sleep also. It was funny to watch her dream. I haven't noticed any dreaming in my present dogs. If so, very subtle.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts