Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DO NOT USE 'ZODIAC SPOT ON' flea and tick control on your dog.

It does not work and caused my dog a lot of discomfort. She is so moody now... I'm bringing her to the vet!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Yup it might be because of the poodle's skin that's sensitive. I just gave her her third bath in 3 days... probably will do 1 more... definitely will try some dish soap on the areas I applied the product on. Thanks for the advice!!

Some update from the vet visit:
The vet says one of the active ingredients in Zodiac is exactly the same as what's used in Frontline but there's another active ingredient that's not. She said she only used Frontline on her patients and never had any problem, but since Frontline overlaps Zodiac in one ingredient she suggests that I use Revolution instead.

I ALMOST bought Revolution the past weekend but thought of trying the cheaper Zodiac instead and my dog has been acting odd since I put the product on her. After that I googled Zodiac and there had been a lot of negative comments about it... so I think I'll try revolution instead.

So if you dog has sensitive skin then probably don't use Zodiac...

The vet also mentioned that the chemical used in Zodiac/Frontline can be considered nuerotoxins???!!! More fatal to cats, but some dogs can react badly to it as well (having seizures, vomitting). Is there any homeopathic solution to flea/tick control? Like adding something (not of chemical origin, some herbs?) to her food?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
She's still trying to bite her tail... so I think I'll wash her tail again tomorrow.... might try out the spray thingy... just to give her some added repellent during her walks.. but I'm really lost how to clean up my home... I can't possibly throw out all our sofa covers/bedsheets and whatever that's made of cloth right?

I'm thinking if I keep her on anti flea/tick stuff like revolution/frontline that goes into her blood stream, those things will eventually die out... am I right here?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts