Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am 21 year old girl, living in dormitory alone. I want to have a friend to live with me. And many questions come up in my brain. I am looking for a puppy, nice, friendly, royal puppy. If I own it already, what should I do next. What is the nice dog food foe my pet? Could anyone give me advice? Thanks you a lot everyone. You suggestions are very useful for me for sure.

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
I am 21 year old girl, living in dormitory alone. I want to have a friend to live with me. And many questions come up in my brain. I am looking for a puppy, nice, friendly, royal puppy. If I own it already, what should I do next. What is the nice dog food foe my pet? Could anyone give me advice? Thanks you a lot everyone. You suggestions are very useful for me for sure.
There are many people here that are happy to answer any questions that you have. Sounds like you are thinking about a dog, but not sure what kind of dog you would like or how to care for the dog. There should be a great deal of research before taking in a dog. They are a HUGE responsibility and they take a lot of work and money. Things that you should ask yourself....What can I offer a dog? Can I afford to care for a dog for the next 12-15 years? It is a big commitment. Where am I going to be in 15 years and can I take this dog with me if I move? If your answer is no or I don't know, then you might not yet be ready.

Where are you from? I would guess English is not your first language? Are you in school now? Do they even allow dogs there? Is there a vet in the area that can help you?

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
A dormitory, as in a dormitory at university, or do you mean an apartment? If you are living in a dormitory at university, I would seriously reconsider getting a dog at this point in your life. It's highly unlikely your dorm will allow a pet.

But if I've misunderstood what you meant by living in a dormitory, here are some things you should answer in order for us to help you.

1. Do you rent or own your home? If you rent, are there any breed or weight restrictions?
2. How much exercise are you willing to give the dog?
3. What is your preferred size for a dog?
4. How long are you willing to spend training a dog?
5. Have you ever owned a dog before?
6. What kinds of activities will you be doing with the dog?
7. Are you looking for a lazy dog that will just chill in the house with you, or accompany you running, hiking, etc.?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for your kind suggestion. I am from Asian country. I have to make my life plan before I decide to own puppy. I never think about the cost of whole puppy life. I have any ideas from you right now. I will make a decision later because I don't think it is a little issue anymore. Thank you very much ^^

1 - 4 of 4 Posts