Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
She's 2 years old and was given to me by a friend who couldn't take care of her anymore. She's an all white husky and her name is Snowflake, I don't care much for the name and neither does anyone of my friends.

Here she is UPDATE: I think i'm going to go with KAIA

·
Registered
5,622 Posts
Then change her name. :) Shouldn't be too difficult. Say her new name, when she looks at you, treat and repeat. Eventually every time you say her name, she'll automatically look at you. Viola!! New name learned. :)

*I don't care much for the name Snowflake either ;)*

·
Registered
442 Posts
I've changed every one of my adopted pets' names and they've all taken to them like that's what they were named all along. I think that it kind of gives them a "new start." Like someone else said, just make sure you associate good things with her new name. And I really don't think that it needs to be close to what her previous name was. Just go with something you like.

And let us know what you decided on!

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
since most of my dogs either had no name or had very inappropriate names (the kinds Christian woman say) I have renamed most of my dogs. They learn very quickly that you call them something else.

I am not a fan of snowflake either. Though I used to ride a jet black Quarter horse that went by that name. lol

·
Registered
4,574 Posts
Alvin answers to Alvin, Big Al, Alvie, Ninja, Doodle, Dog, hey you, and anything else I say in a happy voice while looking in his general direction. Frankly, I'm not sure how much impact a dog's name really has on it.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys, I really like the name Stella but my best friend has a dog named Bella, so idk. Ideas are welcomed.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
I also vote go ahead and change it. Not a big fan of Snowflake either. Bridgette started out as "Lucky" which is really not a very lucky name for dogs IMO...so she became Bridgette, but again comes to Bridge, Bridgey, and Goober :p

·
Registered
304 Posts
You could always call her "Blue," for her eyes. :p

I have had to "rename" dogs. The latest is Merlin; he just showed up in the pasture.

My son has a real talent for naming cats. He had a Cocoa and Hot Chocolate; they went to live with my mom many years ago when we had to move. He now has twins named Bruce Lee and Squirrels. :p

1 - 20 of 31 Posts