Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello! I'm new to this site and a fairly new dog owner. My family always had dogs but I just adopted my first dog about a month ago. Anyway, the shelter told me he is a German Shepherd/Husky mix. The vet says he's definitely got more than those two breeds in him. His breed(s) really don't matter to me. I adore my big ol' Mutt!! But, I am curious so I thought I would get some opinions. When you see him, what breed(s) jump out at you?? Btw, I don't know how well you can see his eyes - one is blue, the other is half blue, half brown.

012.jpg 009.jpg 030.jpg 019.jpg

·
Registered
10,186 Posts
It's working. That is most certainly not a GSDxHusky. I'm not sure what he is, other than adorable.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you! He is adorable! Yeah, I think the shelter said Husky because of the blue eye...I don't think they realize that other breeds can have blue eyes too!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Super adorable!!! Do not see either of those breeds as well. Those big floppy ears scream just the opposite. My best guess would be Lab/Chow mix. Something about that first picture just screams chow in the face.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I clicked on the pics-- got it bigger--LOVE THOSE EYES! All I see is one big lovable mutt!! DH sees that kind of dog that is wrinkly-- char-pia?? (excuse my spelling) in the face tho. But all I see is LOTS OF LOVIN' coming your way!! :whoo:

·
Registered
468 Posts
I clicked on the pics-- got it bigger--LOVE THOSE EYES! All I see is one big lovable mutt!! DH sees that kind of dog that is wrinkly-- char-pia?? (excuse my spelling) in the face tho. But all I see is LOTS OF LOVIN' coming your way!! :whoo:
I think you mean Shar Pei :). I totally see that as well though.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all the input!! I swear our new family game is to guess what breeds he may have...LOL. I thought Chow the first time I saw him. Although, I only see Chow in his face, it would explain some of his personality. Every day he finds a way to test the rules and see if I'll let him break them. His head is so big compared to the rest of his body. He's definitely got a larger breed in there somewhere...he's 80lbs right now and the vet said he actually needs to gain a little weight.
Thanks for playing the guessing game with me! :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts