Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello! I'm new to this site and a fairly new dog owner. My family always had dogs but I just adopted my first dog about a month ago. Anyway, the shelter told me he is a German Shepherd/Husky mix. The vet says he's definitely got more than those two breeds in him. His breed(s) really don't matter to me. I adore my big ol' Mutt!! But, I am curious so I thought I would get some opinions. When you see him, what breed(s) jump out at you?? Btw, I don't know how well you can see his eyes - one is blue, the other is half blue, half brown.

Dog Mammal Vertebrate Dog breed Canidae Vertebrate Mammal Dog Dog breed Canidae Dog Canidae Dog breed Dogue de bordeaux Carnivore Dog Canidae Dog breed Carnivore Irish terrier

·
Registered
10,186 Posts
It's working. That is most certainly not a GSDxHusky. I'm not sure what he is, other than adorable.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you! He is adorable! Yeah, I think the shelter said Husky because of the blue eye...I don't think they realize that other breeds can have blue eyes too!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Super adorable!!! Do not see either of those breeds as well. Those big floppy ears scream just the opposite. My best guess would be Lab/Chow mix. Something about that first picture just screams chow in the face.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I clicked on the pics-- got it bigger--LOVE THOSE EYES! All I see is one big lovable mutt!! DH sees that kind of dog that is wrinkly-- char-pia?? (excuse my spelling) in the face tho. But all I see is LOTS OF LOVIN' coming your way!! :whoo:

·
Registered
468 Posts
I clicked on the pics-- got it bigger--LOVE THOSE EYES! All I see is one big lovable mutt!! DH sees that kind of dog that is wrinkly-- char-pia?? (excuse my spelling) in the face tho. But all I see is LOTS OF LOVIN' coming your way!! :whoo:
I think you mean Shar Pei :). I totally see that as well though.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for all the input!! I swear our new family game is to guess what breeds he may have...LOL. I thought Chow the first time I saw him. Although, I only see Chow in his face, it would explain some of his personality. Every day he finds a way to test the rules and see if I'll let him break them. His head is so big compared to the rest of his body. He's definitely got a larger breed in there somewhere...he's 80lbs right now and the vet said he actually needs to gain a little weight.
Thanks for playing the guessing game with me! :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts