Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
His hair is falling out all over his body and he has a bald patch on his neck and legs. His head looks fine. Hes only 3 and a half! He got bloodwork done today and did a thyroid blood sample so we will get results Monday. I feel so bad! He looks sick (even though hes not -- I just miss his long lucious coat.) I feel so bad!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
*cries*

I got the results today and the vet told me his levels were all good and they did not see anything wrong with the bloodwork.

She believes it is alopecia x.

I am devastated. I love my pom either way I am just so sad he is going to lose his once thick lucious coat.

Should I at least notify the breeder that I bought him from three years ago?

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
I'd also try a grain free, alternative protein food, just in case he has food allergies. Also, I'd bathe him in Microtek anti fungal shampoo, just in case. there was someone with a black chow mix on here (who thought their dog had alopecia, and he tried the grain free food, and Microtek, and his dog's hair grew back, and he put on weight. Worth a shot.
Here- http://www.dogforums.com/dog-health-questions/83900-hair-loss-black-skin.html
Just in case the link doesn't work, search the health forum for a thread called "Hair loss and black skin in chow mix"

1 - 5 of 5 Posts