Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been thinking about a dog scooter for Nubs because our walks are just not enough and I'm also thinking about weight pulling with him so getting a pulling harness and weight pulling harness at time would be a great savings. I was looking and looking online but I really didn't want to pay $500 for a dog powered scooter. I can easily make one for a fraction of the cost. Then I came across this on Craigslist:

I went, took a look at it, and it's about perfect for what I want for it. I paid $20 for it, and brought it home. My dad is in love with it and is already modding it for dog use.

"I'm not amused"

So I decided to put Nubs in a harness that I had for him, and see what he would do. Once I got him going, he was happy as ever. He was running at full speed pulling the scooter along when HE STOPPED DEAD IN HIS TRACKS. His ears went back, Nub went as far in between his legs as it could, and he looked back at me because HE JUST REMEMBER HE WASN'T SUPPOSE TO PULL ON THE LEASH! No joke. The look on his face was "OMG I'm soooo sorry mom! I forgot!" So the scooter which was going at full Nubs speed ended up tapping him on the butt (I was able to stop for the most part before it hit him, but the tire turned at last second and tapped him)

So I'm about 5 blocks from home, with a dog that REFUSES to walk in front of me (He's walking in a GREAT heel for once). Any other time, he is more then willing to pull, but for some unknown reason at that very second it finally clicked that he isn't to pull and he stops *sighs* Every time I start to get him going in front of me he stops and turns around getting tangled in his leash and the rope I have from the scooter to his harness. *double sigh and a few grrrrs"

Just so annoying. I know once I can get it through his mind that it's OK to pull when on your harness, he'll love it. He already proved that to me. It's just training him that it's ok to pull. I've finally got him not to pull on leash now I want him to pull. Poor dog is so confused.

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
I was thinking what Pepper said too. How about a PULL command?! :D

Love the scooter, great idea!

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
That's awesome! If it were me, I'd harness him to the bike. I would then walk him on a leash normally, while using the pull command. I would use mush :p

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
Aw, I just love Nubs. I agree, a pull command...he might have thought the thing was chasing him and then "got" him on the butt...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts