Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my dog likes to sleep on my bed. She's one huge dog and the bed isn't biog enough for both of us. So i bought her her own bed. But she just won't sleep there.

For some reason, she prefers to sleep in my bed. How do i make her sleep in the bed i bought her? for once i want to wake up without drool on my bed.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
my dog likes to sleep on my bed. She's one huge dog and the bed isn't biog enough for both of us. So i bought her her own bed. But she just won't sleep there.

For some reason, she prefers to sleep in my bed. How do i make her sleep in the bed i bought her? for once i want to wake up without drool on my bed.
Take her out of the bedroom and close the door at night.

·
Registered
2 Posts

Heres the deal. For the first couple of days it will be tiring but you have to reclaim your bed. If she gets on you have to push her off. No matter how big or small. They must be invited, not doing it because they want to. My dogs had a problem with jumping on the couches. I would have to push them off and get them to sit by the couch until called. Once she realizes thats your bed and you will invite her when you want up there with you, it she should stop. Plus you have to correct before she makes it to the bed. If you see her charging for the bed. Get in between her and the bed. Block her access but don't say anything or look at her. She will turn away wants she gets tire of the dance. Anotherthing try to tire her out. She is a big dog so I say anything that consists of her walking at a fast pace or running will do her some good. Bike riding and skating does it for my pitbulls. Long walks on hot days weres them out. Yet they love it. Control the walk you will control the home.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.