Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now to show the more normal side of Buster. The sweet, gentle, lovable babysitter Saints are known for being. Makayla (4 next week) fell asleep watching old Transformers cartoons with her sisters. After a quick drink, Buster grabbed a squeaky toy and snuggled....he cant seem to resist a chance to snuggle with the girls.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He's been like this with the girls from the first moment. At 9 1/2 weeks he was laying belly up in my 11 year olds arms licking her chin, just minutes after meeting. Ive never known another dog that seemed to really understand their size the way he does. He'll lay ON me, my husband or my brother in law but not the girls. He's very careful where he puts his massive paws, he'll walk over the girls without putting a single paw on their body.

Makayla IS tiny. She's a whopping 35lbs, compared to his 70ish. Dont let the size fool you, she's not nearly as fragile as she looks. She's my problem solver. There is literally no way to keep her contained against her will. By 13 months she climbed out of her crib, within weeks after that she was over the top of the baby gates (gates that contain Buster with ease!). If she wants something, she WILL find a way to get it. While that kind of determination is hell when it comes to raising her, it will serve her well as an adult.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts