Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

My wife seems to think we already have to many dogs... (I argue that her 2 dachshunds = half a dog:p) I think she would make for a good playmate for my JR GSP mutt.

Don't you guys think she's pretty :) Oh and she's been in the pound for a little while... surprised nobody has taken her home yet. She must be hyper...

·
Banned
7,942 Posts
If you are not both on the same page, do not get dog #3. It is just like having kids.. one wanting and the other one not, it is best to not. I have seen the results of BOTH these scenarios where one did not want the dog (but other one got dog anyway) and one did not want kids (but suddenly the 'birth control' failed). You don't want to walk that path IMO.

"She might overwhelm young children" says to me she might also overwhelm your dahshunds. Any info on her prey drive? She pulls on leash walks, and is not trained so those are other things to consider (I am sure you have).

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
She's adorable! Don't see a ton of greyhound in her though...

I agree with the above post - if you don't both want her, don't get her.

As for too many dogs...we have 15 + two fosters so I'm the last one to ask.

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
Ha, pretty funny. That's pretty much exactly what my Marge would look like as a merle. Same body shape and everything. Pretty dog.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It would be our 4th:p My wife's main concern is cost of dog food. So we made a deal, I'll quit smoking if she let's me get the dog. She said yes! LOL!

I'm going to go look at her today. :D

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
It would be our 4th:p My wife's main concern is cost of dog food. So we made a deal, I'll quit smoking if she let's me get the dog. She said yes! LOL!
The cynic in me says you can always start smoking again, but it's going to be hard to give up the dog. :D

·
Banned
7,942 Posts

I'm going to go look at her today. :D
THAT is a GREAT SWAP! Of course, she must know this means you will probably be around a lot longer!!! I hope that is her plan LOL

THAT is just the BEST thing. Really. Now you need to follow thru. EXCELLANT!!!

If you don't quit, I hope she goes on the DF and lets us know and we can all sic (or sick.. which is much messier) our dogs on you! :p

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
THAT is a GREAT SWAP! Of course, she must know this means you will probably be around a lot longer!!! I hope that is her plan LOL

THAT is just the BEST thing. Really. Now you need to follow thru. EXCELLANT!!!

If you don't quit, I hope she goes on the DF and lets us know and we can all sic (or sick.. which is much messier) our dogs on you! :p
We're getting ready to go to the humane society right now! :D

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So we didn't get her... :( She was way to big... taller than my neighbors shepard/lab mix. She also pulled really hard on the leash and I don't think my wife couldn't handle her while I was at work... But you could def see the greyhound in her profile.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts