Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm so happy to be able to report this! Since Jasper's hormones were starting to die down after his neuter surgery at the beginning of June, I began introducing him and Bandit for short periods every day... just turning them both loose in the kennel, under close supervision, petting and praising and letting them get used to each other - and always ending on a positive note instead of waiting for something bad to happen. Gradually, I started adding Willow back into the mix, and although that caused some tension at first, things rapidly eased up.

Today was the big test... all three of them, loose and feeling playful, in the kennel together! I'm so happy to report that they all did BEAUTIFULLY and got along very well. There were a few brief moments of tension but nothing worrying at all... in fact, they were all able to play at once, with no problems!

I'm so relieved! When I first got Jasper, I wasn't sure if he and Bandit would get along. Now, about 6 weeks later, and everyone is on their way to being a happy, well-integrated little pack. :)

Just had to share this update!

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
Congratulations on them all getting along, I know it was a big relief for me when Upendi and Mina could be let out to play together.

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
Yay, glad your 3 are getting along well! My 3 are also getting along much better. No more fights have happened, and they can be out with bones together (supervised). Still not letting them be out with toys though.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Awesome accomplishment! Congratulations! Sounds like you worked hard for it.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Always a tough thing thing to do, so Kudos for the hard work paying off!
It must feel good to have all dogs playing together in harmony... keep up the great job!

·
Registered
6,195 Posts
Miss Mutt...Jasper is a full fledged family member. I think Jasper is such a handsome fellow and is my favorite.

Congratulations Jasper on making it into the pack! YEEEEHAAAWWWW!!!!!! :D:D:D:D

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
Miss Mutt...Jasper is a full fledged family member. I think Jasper is such a handsome fellow and is my favorite.

Congratulations Jasper on making it into the pack! YEEEEHAAAWWWW!!!!!! :D:D:D:D
YAYYYYYYYYY

How did I not know that already? Gawd.. as if I'm not on this forum enough... hehe

·
Registered
6,195 Posts
YAYYYYYYYYY

How did I not know that already? Gawd.. as if I'm not on this forum enough... hehe
When I see anything that has Jasper in the thread or by Nekomi I'm on it. Not that I'm a stalker or anything...:D I just love seeing pictures of Jasper, and Willow and Bandit. They are such pretty dogs.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Awww! AlphaDog, I'm honored that you like my pups enough to follow them on the forum! :D I like having stalkers :D

And yes, Jasper is a full-fledged member of the family! He's a great boy and so silly, there's just so much to love about him. He fits in well here. :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts