i havn't any information about this dog
so if any one have any information about this typ of dog just tell me
this is a pic

i am waitingggggggggggg

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
He is not a type of dog...but he is a mix breed

I have/had both breeds of dog...what do you need help with?:)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cool , so what do u know about this breed mix (pittbull/doberman)
it's good for a familly ? home security ? this is agressif ? .....
thank u man

·
Banned
1,861 Posts
i have a new dog pittbull/doberman mix
i havn't any information about this dog
so if any one have any information about this typ of dog just tell me
this is a pic

i am waitingggggggggggg
I can only say I have owned both a dobie and a pitbull. Its all how the dog is trained and was treated when it was a puppy.

I grew up with a dobie that was great with kids. I fostered a dobie that was not good with kids.

the first dobie was an excellent guard dog. The second one i fostered was a horrid lazy brat.

Now for pitbulls:
I've met loveable ones that where great with kids. others not too great. Some that where protective of their home/owners. Others that could care less if someone was breaking in your house or if there was a conflict.

Both of the breeds like i said i have had: some where easier to train than others.

How old is this dog. Do you not know its history?

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
IF I were you I would start learning as much as a can about both breeds ...both breeds need responsible owners willing to put lots of time and energy into training and socialization :)

Good for a family..that is going to mostly depend on the dog and the amount of time you put into him....both my Dobie and APBT are great family dogs

good for Home security...I think any big dog is going to be helpful with deterring unwanted people....but as for breeds....dobie have been used for this type of work ...guarding/protection/police work(but again this dogs are trained/trained/trained)....APBT not so much they are bred to be very human friendly and are not recommended for guard dogs...but I have seen them be territorial of their space...again this is another reason both breeds need proper training and socialization.

Both breeds unfortunately have a "bad" rep ...this is why their owners have to really step up to the "plate" and be the best owners possible ....they need to really understand that while they are great dogs there are some negatives........APBT do tend to be more DA then other breeds...this is something you need to be prepared to deal with down the line...you will also need to be aware of the BSL laws in your state and county and be prepared to deal with that and what it might mean to your dog and family.

The best advice is to read as much as you can....take obed classes and training classes......keep reading around this board there is tons of great info on here to get you started.:)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I can only say I have owned both a dobie and a pitbull. Its all how the dog is trained and was treated when it was a puppy.

I grew up with a dobie that was great with kids. I fostered a dobie that was not good with kids.

the first dobie was an excellent guard dog. The second one i fostered was a horrid lazy brat.

Now for pitbulls:
I've met loveable ones that where great with kids. others not too great. Some that where protective of their home/owners. Others that could care less if someone was breaking in your house or if there was a conflict.

Both of the breeds like i said i have had: some where easier to train than others.

How old is this dog. Do you not know its history?
no i havn't ant idea about its history , this dog had 7 months

·
Banned
1,861 Posts
no i havn't ant idea about its history , this dog had 7 months
so its still a puppy? 7 months old? He is trainable. I'd start obedience classes with him. Train him the right way and treat him the right way and you might end up with a friendly loving dog. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts