Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im haveing trouble training my dog to go to the bathroom outside!! if anyone out there is willing to help me please contact me asap. im running out of ideas at an increaseing rate. please all im asking for is some help

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'm not an expert in potty-training, but in order for anyone here to help you, you're going to need to provide more information.

How old is the dog? How long have you had him/her? What is your typical schedule like for getting the dog outside? Is the dog crate-trained?

The experts will chime in if you provide more details. :)

·
Banned
3,440 Posts
The first thing to work on when talking about potty training is CONSISTANCY... taking your dog out at regularly scheduled intervals throughout the day to make sure you aren't asking him to hold it longer than they can. Age plays A LOT into this factor. They general rule of thumb is a dog can hold their bladder approx. an hour for every month of age they are. If you are free feeding the dog STOP. Get him on a regular feeding schedule so that you can anticipate when he'll need to go out to potty. Usually I let my guys our right after eating then again a half hour later. If a dog is chewing on a bone or toy, chewing also promotes Bowel movements.

This is just a basic starting point. Until we get more info such as age, breed, what techniques yo've tried to this point will help us to get a better plan of attack together for you.

Looking forward to your next post.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
I'm not an expert in potty-training, but in order for anyone here to help you, you're going to need to provide more information.

How old is the dog? How long have you had him/her? What is your typical schedule like for getting the dog outside? Is the dog crate-trained?

The experts will chime in if you provide more details. :)
I agree, more info is a must.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.