Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My youngest Pit (4yrs and 5 mos) recently went though Pyometra surgery. And I noticed a bruise on he stomach next to but not on the incision. It is almost a purple color not black and blue like us humans get. I was just wondering if this is normal after such a surgery. I know that the stretch the skin when they are operating and there could be bruising but I have never seen a bruise like this before. All I have is a camera phone so I am sorry of the quality of the pics but bare with me!! Skin Snout Fur
Skin Nose Sky Flesh Fur
Skin Nose Abdomen Hand Fur

I just want to know if it normal! Lucy is acting normal and of course she is in alittle pain because of surgery ( which i have pain pills for ). Please if anybody knows about bruising on dogs just let me know this is normal!!

P.s. I would call my vet but I know she would want to look at it and I live in a little tiny town in the middle of nowhere and the vet is about 3-4 hrs away :( so if you know about brusing on dogs let me know!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you!! I just wanted to make sure. Poor Lucy just went though an operation for pyometra and I am sittin here thinking "oh great now something else is wrong with my poor dog" Thank you for your reply I DO appreciate it :) :)

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
No problem. It's so scary when they get something really wrong, and then after that it makes you paranoid. They tend to have bruising near the incision because the muscle/tissue underneath the skin, near the incision is pushed out of the way to remove the uterus, and then stretched tight to stitch it. It'll go away in about 5 days.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just wanted to let you know that Lucy is doing fine!!! The bruise has gone away and the incision is healing nicely. Of course Lucy wants to be all nimbly bimbly but I know that she is not fully healed. I thank you again for replying and giving me comforting thoughts!!! As soon as I can take her for walks again I will post some pics of her being herself, But for now the vet said that i should still keep it easy for her and not take on walks or take her to her favorite feild to run and play!! By the way I posted this question on about 3 different forums and this is the only one that replied!!! I like this forum and it seems to be a HUGE community of dog owners and dog lovers of all kinds!!! I will be returning to this forum very often to not only help if and when I can but just to apart of this great online community!!!

Thank you very much again!!
Jeff

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
You're welcome! Glad Lucy is feeling better. Please stick around...these forums can be fun and informative. There's also a bunch of Pit Bull lovers here.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.