Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
Could you get up in the middle of the night with him and take him out then to see if he'd sleep later? Reason being if I was getting up an hour before my alarm went off I'd never actually get back to sleep!!

Some dogs seem to be ok all night, other dogs aren't. I've known adult dogs who couldn't hold it all night. He also may still be getting used to the routine. It took more than a month for our pup to really tune into the rhythm of the house. We lucked out and our pup has been good for 9 hrs overnight since he was 12 wks old. He hasn't had a single overnight accident in over two months. Last night I fell asleep on the couch with him and woke up at 4 am and figured I'd pop him outside to pee and he had no interest in going at all!! I had to put him on the grass with his potty command three times before he'd go, then he dashed right back into the house and went back to sleep in his crate.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.