Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so I have a yorkie he's 1 in november and i've been contemplating getting another but i don't know if it's a good idea or not. i've even written out a pro's and con's list. my main concerns have nothing to do with training or anything it's just my dog now's feelings. i'm afraid that he'll feel like he's not our baby anymore and we won't keep the connection we have now. please help with either suggestions or your own expierences. thank you.

kristy

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Well, honestly if he does well with other dogs, then he's not going to care that's he's not the only one around anymore. For us whenever we added a new dog, they were just sooo excited to have another buddy to play with ALL THE TIME. Honestly, if this is how it works out, you might not feel the same connection with your dog now. You'll be the one that feels replaced :p.
I give everybody in our family special alone time every day, so they've all bonded with me as well as each other.

·
Registered
823 Posts
My dog was so happy when we got another! She was a foster who has never left and I swear those 2 never stop playing. They will still come and play with me, but their dynamic together is way beyond what I could give him. I have never regretted getting another dog (except when she tried to bury my kitten in the backyard like a bone, but that is a different story).

That said, it is a very personal decision to get a new dog. If you feel like you can handle another dog, you want one, and your dog gets along with it, I say go for it.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Yeah I think your current dog will love having a buddy to play with 24/7. I mean us humans are busy doing our human things and can't be there for all the time... dogs give each other company. My two dogs didn't like each other very much for the first 3 days but now they are best friends and inseperable.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts