Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So im thinking about getting a dog to run and exercise with and to just have as a companion. i used to have a dog before but he unfortunatly had to be put down he was a pitbull boxer mix and Very energetic. but its been a while and now i think im ready for a new dog. but the dilemma is im not sure what kind of dog i should get and also if i should go for a dog that is already atleast 1 year old
ive already decided that i want to get a rescue dog but I really like the whole puppy stage, but to go running with i would have to wait right? but what im looking for is a dog that wont need attention 24/7 i can give a decent amount of my day but i have training for football and ill be gone for a few hours a day. Suggestions, tips, Help?

·
Registered
962 Posts
I get the impression from your post you are very active, and now may not be the best time for a dog to run with. There are many down sides to owning a dog especially if you find it is not working out and you must get rid of the dog. A dog will tie up alot of your time if you give it all it needs and you just may not be up to the task in this point in your life. If you already had a dog you had to put down, If I were a dog,I sure would not want to be the next dog you own, I might go too?

Not trying to be negative, but unless you can get some one else preferably a mature adult, to fill in for you with the dog, I would pass on that for now...JMO

1 - 3 of 3 Posts