Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my labrador retriever is 1 year and 1 month old, and its her 62nd day of pregnancy (gestation). yesterday she had dark-greenish mucus discharge and i was expecting for her to be in labor, but i waited and waited but up to now still no puppies were born, only those greenish mucus came out...nothing more! it has been 16 hours ago since she had started having those discharge. her vet is out of town and i am getting very worried..please help me.

besides she doesnt act like she's going to give birth, she doesn't lick herself, she doesn't look or make a nest, she does likes to play with me and she doesn't even refuse to eat, she is not contracting. it's her first time though, but i'm confuse she look perfectly fine like normal but she is having this dark-greenish thingy coming out from her. i dunno if she is plain ignorant of her situation, but i think all dogs have instinct and she should have know she is expecting puppies. pls. help me out.

·
Super Moderator
11,443 Posts
her vet is out of town and i am getting very worried
Is this the only vet in the state? Because you REALLY need a vet - not a forum populated mostly by people whose dogs are spayed and neutered. The vast majority of us know nothing 'bout birthin' puppies and, frankly, don't want to know.

Good luck, and please find a vet somewhere.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
A. This dog is waaaaaaaay to young to be having puppies, red flag #1 you're a byb
B. You have no backup or emergency plan red flag #2
C. You are coming to an internet forum for emergency advice instead of hitting the evet speed dial #, red flag #3
D. You mention nothing about your mentor, who should be the first person you'd call, red flag #4
E. This forum is NOT for emergency veterinary advice, call your evet

1 - 4 of 4 Posts