Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
I have a 4 year old poochon (poodle/bichon) and I got a small soft sided crate for her when she was 9weeks old, she chewed right threw it . The main issue with a crate is not to have it too big or too small. The pup should be able to stand, sit and turn around comfortably in the crate but not have alot of extra room or they may potty in it . for travel the hard sided closed crates are great, for home a wire crate that is left in the area of the house that the family hangs out in. Sophie tattles on herself when she is bad by putting herself in timeout in her crate. One rule I have is once they are in the crate I WILL NOT pull them out to punish them, she knows when she has done wrong. Beware bichons or bichon mixes can be very stubborn on potty training . I live in ALaska and in the winter Sophie refuses to poo outside ( potty is ok ) so she has puppy pads . not sure I would want my tushy in the snow either to poo. The biggest piece of advice I can give you is to start grooming daily from day one with her to get her used to baths, brushing , teeth cleaning and nail cutting and beware of groomers. My Sophie had a very bad experience with a groomer and is now very difficult to handle. GOOD LUCK !!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts