Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone... I badly need help in identifying my puppies..
I was positive that i brought my female husky to be stud by a Husky sire...
They were born March 14 & they are now about 5 weeks...
But im kinda curious why the colors are kinda different from the regular husky...
Please help me, i need to be enlightened....
Thank you so much!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
I'm a little confused...what about their colors isn't a regular husky?

And why did you breed...?

BTW...they need their nails cut BADLY.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I tried to research about this color & it shows that its Agouti but then alot did not agree, so im confused...
About the nails im scared to cut it yet, im waiting till they'll be 6 weeks....

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Some look Agouti, another is a red/white another is a black/white

To get really in depth it depends on their undercoat color to really definitively decide what their coat color would be.

But there is definitely a red/white and black/white. All of the pups coats will lighten/darken as the get older.

You could have probably started trimming them already - might have been advisable to get them used to having their feet handled.

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Did the stud have a pedigree? Does your dog have a pedigree? If your answer isn't two x yes, then you don't know what the parents actually are. Maybe the stud was an... akita x husky mix but looked a lot like a husky.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
I don't know anything about breeding huskies, or their coloring. Though sometimes with a breeding of certain working dogs, you can go through the pedigree and see there are actually mixes on down the line. Say mal/dutch screens few generations stripes will show up. If you.didn't do your research and thinking they are full you can be surprised. A lot of dogs were bred for function, maybe huskies as well, where the important factor was sledding, so there wasn't much concern with color.

Hopefully experienced breeders will chime in. Also consider if you had left the dog at a stud, the possibility of a different male breeding the female. I once recieved a call where my female was at a stud ( I thought responsible) she had escaped and ran the neighborhood for two days! Luckily she was fine, but it didn't go over well with the stud owner! Thank goodness she wasnt bred!

·
Registered
259 Posts
Though I'm far from familiar with exact coloration of Husky puppies, I do know (as Niraya said) that they'll tend to lighten up from what they currently are. And with that in mind, and how much Husky patterns/colors vary little by little within the typical/accepted colors even, they don't look too un-husky to me. They're still so young their colors will come out and change a good deal. Cute puppies anyway, and even if they were mixed, what's it matter to your purposes? With that said, I've no clue why you posted a nearly identical thread twice 15 minutes after the first, just to add that you did some research. :p

·
Registered
689 Posts
They look like normal husky pups to me. You can't really tell exactly what they're going to look like at this age anyway so I wouldn't worry about it.

Siberian Husky colors vary greatly, they're not all the typical black/white red/white like they show in the movies.

I'm just curious...what was the purpose of breeding?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hello Avie... Yes both of them have pedigree, all registered....
Thank you so much for your reply.... The reason is that... becoz the color is rare thats why i want to know...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hi Julie... Thanks for the info, i doubt that too that maybe my husky escaped ohmy-my waaaaaah....

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My apologies of the double threading... I accidentally press a wrong command, i want to delete the other one but i dont know how to do it... I am a new member & im still familiarizing...

Regarding to the husky, its just that i paid for the stud service & i was looking forward with expectant in my heart that it would reproduce the way i expected it & when they came out i was surprised... But i do love them really, i just want to know if i was paying an all honesty service...
Thank you for shedding light...

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Siberian colors range anywhere from black (all or mostly) to all white. The only color that is NOT represented or accepted within the breed is Merle.

(Black and white, black [mostly/all], white [isabella/pure], agouti, gray, wolf gray, silver, piebald, copper/chocolate, light red/orange, sable, black and tan, splash and saddle backs [Note: Splash and Saddle backs are not "colors" but coat color patterns] - there also 'wooly' coated Siberians)

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Truthfully, if these dogs aren't having their hips and eyes tested (especially their eyes since Siberians can have very bad genetic eye problems that can cause them to be blind by 5 months old) and you aren't proving them in some way, be it in conformation, agility, obedience or actually working your Siberians in front of a sled you shouldn't be breeding them.

If you don't have a mentor especially you shouldn't be breeding. I suggest that you spay your bitch after this litter.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hi Musherchic....
i just love them... i have other dogs too, 1 english bulldog, a german shepherd, shihztu, chowchow & a lab....
we have 4 pigs, some rooster & a hen... 1 goat, ducks....

we have 3 mango trees, 8 coconut trees, 11 papaya trees... 1 star apple tree...
1 eucalyptus tree, 1 guava tree, & we are planting vegetables as well ....

Thank you so much for the reply....

1 - 20 of 37 Posts