Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Iím Mari. I have adopted a stray dog in Nepal who is now a bouncy 5 month old furry-funny thing.

We are currently living in Nepal but I am moving back to NZ soon and realized that I can't take her to NZ directly from Nepal. She must spend 6 months in some "rabies controlled" country like USA while undergoing the rabies testing. (USA is the most straight forward option since she doesnít need to spend additional 4 months in quarantine in Nepal as she would have to if I was to send her to my home country of Finland, plus 6 months in Finland - so I'd be seeing her next time about year from now *sniff*).

So I am hoping to find a guardian to house her and take care of her for the 6 months she is required to stay in USA. When the 6 month period is over, I will simply arrange for the freight company to pick her up and send her over to NZ. I already tried to look for a suitable boarding kennel. Unfortunately at $15-25 per day, they are far too cost prohibitive for a long period of 6 months.

She's vaccinated (everything that dog needs), worm medication are being taken care off. She will have chip soon and she's healthy in every way. She's house trained and knows few basic commands. She's cute, smart, playful and fairly energetic so she needs a lot of exercise. She has learned to use her teeth and is fairly dominant so she needs also firm hand. Not impossible in any ways but kinda thick headed sometimes ;) We all love her so much and really want her to join me again in NZ.

I will obviously pay the necessary costs (food expenses, vet, testing, any registration required? etc). And this is none of the "please send me your account information"scam. I can simply send the funds via western union so you just need to show up and pick up the funds. And if something comes up one can always reach me thru phone or e-mail - I'll do my best to be available any hours.

Also if anyone can recommend any organization or shelter that can take her in for the 6 months, that would also be really great. I'm open to all possibilities and options - situation is fairly critical in every ways...

Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Cheers.

·
Registered
10,534 Posts
There may be organizations that can help, I'm not sure. However I'd not trust an individual I've never met with long term care of my dog, your post MAY not be a scam, but there are plenty pf people out there that would scam you. Please look up rescues and other organizations that help with long term fostering.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.