Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 13 week old Puggle and when we first got him my 2 boys ages 6 and 8 would play with him alot(tug a war,chase,fetch, ets.) I only let them play fetch with him now! I think its too late because now he thinks my 6 year old is a big play toy. The poor kid cant go near the Cooper without Cooper jumping on him and biting him! He only seems to really target My 6 year old. How can I get him to stop? Iv tried pushing him down, I put him in his crate but the dog cant live in there when Shawn is home from school. I have even put Cooper on a leash and everytime he attempted to jump on him i stopped it.Any other suggestions would be greatly appriciated its getting to the point where my son will not come out of his bedroom!

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
have even put Cooper on a leash and everytime he attempted to jump on him i stopped it.
Bingo.

Your dog is still young enough and untrained enough that he should be under constant supervision at all times. With most dogs this means tethering them to you so that bad behaviours can't happen.

The best way to fix bad habits is stopping them before they become habits.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts