Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On Febuary 8th I bought a beautiful Poodle puppy and named her Ebony.
She sadly passed away only less then a week later from hookworms, even though i didnt have her for long I still mourned hard because I was in the process of bonding with my puppy. She was loyal, humble, sweet, and she loved everyone she saw. I wish I could say more, but I didnt get the chance to know more about her.

I was told shes jus a dog and I shouldent cry over it, i knew it want true because, once they took Ebony out of my arms to bring her temp up, it felt like they were taking my own baby away from me, her breeder was even upset, and apologized, cried, & insisted she would get me a new pup, now Im blessed with Ebony's sister Amber, but my heart still aches for my Ebony at times. But a good thing always comes out of a bad situation

R.I.P Ebony, I miss you dearly.
12.11.08-2.12.09

·
Registered
82 Posts
I'm so sorry for your loss of little Ebony!The loss of a pet is never easy, even if you only had her for a short while.

R.I.P., Ebony. :(

·
Registered
640 Posts
Oh I'm so sorry for your loss... what a little sweetheart she was. :( I didn't realize a puppy could die from hookworms... how awful! Don't let anyone tell you you lost "just a dog" and shouldn't mourn that loss. It's devastating to lose a pet... they are family members. Mourn as much as you need to over this little sweetie. So very sorry again....

·
Registered
28 Posts
So sorry to hear you have lost Ebony. Don't listen when someone says its only a dog. They mean as much as any human and probably most of the time they mean more. I just lost our Hank (golden retriever/springer spaniel) 3 wks ago. My dh and I grieve every morning..mornings are the worst. He was our child and it is so hard. We had him 9yrs and I will never get over the loss of him. Each day it gets better..but you never forget. Hanks Mom www.chicroses-chicroses.blogspot.com

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you all, I know shes atleast not suffering anymore.
and the vet said it eas unusual for a puppy to pass from hookworms, but because Ebony was so little they got to her easily..she only weighed a pound.
& they got to her so fast, I was playing with her that very morning, and when I came home, she could bearly lift her head.
But I know she's in a better place.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Ebony was a poodle, & yep the two dogs are mine, Ebony's sister is the one who looks like a stuffed animal lol.
They dont really look alike to me, except their eyes & I think its unique, but they both have dark green eyes, they act nothing alike, Ebony was sweet & humble, and Amber is...crazy lol.
& I think Ebony migh have been the runt because she was waaaaay smaller than Amber.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Their a handfull, but they are darlings. & I had four. I have two male dogs (a Shih Tzu and a Papillon Mix) and two females(a Schnauzer and Poodle), once Ebony died we had 3dogs.
We got Amber after Ebony passed, so now we have four dogs again.

Heres Ebony asleep with my two other dogs, my Shih Tzu, Kane, was too big and rough to be around her so we had to seperate them and he couldent get in the pic.

Here's Amber with the whole crew, since shes just as wild as they are, she's around all of them ALL the time, especially Angel, my Mini Schnauzer.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yup, that was the good thing about having other dogs, & my only other dog that really mourned was Angel, she mothers any puppy we get, she would greet Ebony every morning, and once she died Angel would just sit at her kennel, now shes happy mothering Amber

1 - 14 of 14 Posts