Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About a decade ago, I bought a pooper scooper off a random internet site that was so amazing that people would come up to me at dog parks and ask me about it. It had a comfortable curved handle for carrying, and it opened with a simple button press. You loaded it with basic grocery store bags, then pressed it down on the ground (over the waste) to make it snap shut. Then you could carry it around without any smell until you got to a garbage can, then merely press the button to release. So simple and elegant! Not meant for yard clean-up (tall grass etc) but outstanding for basic dog walks and dog park visits.

Well, it may be the one thing I lost in my divorce that I really care about, because I have not been able to find anything remotely like it. I've wasted money on several devices that just don't fill the need. They either require special (expensive) bags, or they are difficult to operate or they aren't portable enough or they fail the pick up test. I tested two today on an in-house accident on hardwood floor...should have been the easiest pick-up test imaginable. The Poop Gun was a joke...there was no way to pick up more than one, ahem, piece, and there's always more than one, isn't there? It was so difficult to snap open and closed that the first piece went flying across the room when I tried to open it again to snap up the second piece! So then I tried one of those squeeze trigger ones with the teeth at the end...all that did was mush and make a mess out of what really should have been a clean catch.

I miss my pooper scooper! If anyone has this device hanging out in their garage, put it on eBay and I'll buy it from you, lol. Other than that, if you have an effective device you use, I'm taking referrals! Thanks all!

·
Banned
964 Posts
When I was a kid, We would wait untill the dog poop got hard , Then pick it up with a Jai alai stick and launch it.
Im not sure were it landed...but it was far away

·
Registered
291 Posts
Issue with any of those is that if you have anything that is less than firm, and grass that is longer than a pristine lawn, you end up spreading it like peanut butter and not picking it up, except the glove maybe. Cant tell from the picture how it looks.

On walks or when away from home I rely on the ever portable hand and poop bag. Picks up everything including puke if needed and it is always with you.

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
For home use ... I love my " Poop Patrol " ... it picks up without smearing 98% of the time unless the poo is runny. :/ It has really good teeth and a great spring controlled mechanism. Bouight it at Pet Supplies Plus for $19.99

For walking and public places ... a good old doggie poo bag ... hand held ... turned inside out and used like a glove ... tied off and tucked away in a designated belly bag until I get home. :)

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts