Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My boss had a buddy dog trainer/behviorist over not long ago.
He said Kola needs to get away from me (her safe zone) for awhile and get dependent on someone else, preferably a man.
My dad said the same thing, and my boss, and a family friend... I've known it for quite some time, I just suppose it took a terrible ankle sprain to finally do it.

We dropped her off at the farm where I work at about 4 p.m. last night. My boss's sons grabbed her crate while I controlled her and her bag of stuff.
I felt terrible the whole ride over there because we had to pick up a male family friend. She didn't even bark. A 20 minute drive without a problem. Once he got out of the truck though, she had a growling fit. When one of my boss's sons (who hadn't yet been informed on her problem) reached down to pet her, she growled.

I felt like I was abandoning her when I left, and when I left again this morning without even going over to see her.

I talked to my boss not long ago, he said he was able to give her the ear medication she's on, and she actually walked up to him! In all she growled at him 3 times today so far, but he was able to put her in a 2 minute sit stay! We haven't tried that long here yet. When he fed her she didn't touch her meal, but that's normal, she doesn't eat much here at home either.
Kola has some DA, mostly dominance issues. She met my boss's lab, Jake, through a fence, he said she didn't growl, just looked up at him like "You're one big dawg." :p

I might be working tomorrow, I'd get to see her again, but I don't know how I'll be able to walk away. I don't know how I'm going to be able to take it not having her at home for a few weeks.
*sigh* It's all for the best.

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
That's got to be hard. I know I can barely stand a week without our girl. But it sounds like she's in good hands and will hopefully be the better for it. :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts