Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just a quick video I made this morning.... been working with them some on not all making a mad dash out the door just because it's open. Been working on their "wait" command, as well as some patterns. When I let them outside to do their business (in the front yard... off leash with no fence), I've been doing them one at a time, and I let them out in the same order every time... Piper first, then Piggy, then Riley. After a week or two of going out in this same order, they now know the pattern and when I say "lets go outside", they'll go over to the door and line up side by side in that exact order, and starting with the side of the door that opens. They know that they have to wait until I say their name to come out, and they have to wait for the previous dog to come back inside before they can go out

I think they've got it down pretty well! They're certainly no dummies, that's for sure. For Riley and Piper, not too bad for 10 month old puppies. Have a look....

And yes, it was 7 am and I had literally just rolled out of bed, still in my socks and half asleep, and kinda cold, hahah

Of course we've still got lots to work on and always learning new things, but this one is most certainly handy!

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks!! Yea all 3 of them catch onto stuff super fast.... usually just a few times and they've got it. Definitely makes it ALOT easier for me not having them all dash out the door. I know they won't run off or anything, but just keeps things a little more organized

They also sit and wait for command to go eat their food too. When I was teaching them this I always had to tell them to sit and stay, then to eat when I say the words "go eat". Now I don't even have to say a word, soon as I have a food bowl in my hand, their butt hits the floor and doesn't budge.... I put the food down and they still won't budge until I say "ok... go eat". And I don't even have to say a word up until then, they do it all on their own. This was from tonight...

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1 - 5 of 5 Posts