1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
Awwwwe ... she is beautiful!

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
Ohmygosh that second picture is priceless. You can tell you had a really good relationship. :)

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
I just love that second photo. :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yes she was a real lover and a loyal friend. she passed away on March 19 and today is her birthday and she would have been 11.

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
yes she was a real lover and a loyal friend. she passed away on March 19 and today is her birthday and she would have been 11.
Awwwe ... my little Leeo passed away the same day but at 5 - 1/2 years old. :( I am so sorry. I know how tough it is ... believe me. I am still crying over mine.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I know what you mean. I miss her everyday and I still cry for her. We can't decide if we want another one or not. We are lonely but don't want to try replace her. It wouldn't be fair to the next dog. What happened to Leeo Bandit?

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
I know what you mean. I miss her everyday and I still cry for her. We can't decide if we want another one or not. We are lonely but don't want to try replace her. It wouldn't be fair to the next dog. What happened to Leeo Bandit?[/QUOTE

Leeo got ill in February and was misdiagnosed as having seizures. He ended up in the hospital on March 13th. He had pancreatic necrosis which is where the pancreas was eating itself and other organs were also affected. He could not be saved even after a week of trying everything they could. After he passed they found a huge mass in his stomach ... probable cancer. I had to make that fateful decision to end his suffering ... the hardest thing I have ever done in my life.

I just adopted Eddee ... I needed to fill the void. I just cannot sit around and mourn anymore ... it was taking a toll on my emotions. I figure Leeo would not want me to be sad.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I was looking at a post from "Damon's mom". she has a doberman too. Your dobie/Rot mix is beautiful. I am just learning to navigate around this forum. sorry. Nice talking to you.

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
I was looking at a post from "Damon's mom". she has a doberman too. Your dobie/Rot mix is beautiful. I am just learning to navigate around this forum. sorry. Nice talking to you.
Thank you ... Nice talking to you Too. :) See you around the forum.... I do believe Damon's Mom has a Manchester Terrier. :)

Pics can be so fooling sometimes. :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I am so sorry for your loss I totally understand! I had to take nerve pills because my heart was so broken it was skipping beats. I still keep reliving those last seconds. I know I didn't have a choice either. But that does not make it any easier.

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
I am so sorry for your loss I totally understand! I had to take nerve pills because my heart was so broken it was skipping beats. I still keep reliving those last seconds. I know I didn't have a choice either. But that does not make it any easier.
I am sorry for yours too. I needed nerve pills. I was shaking for a couple weeks afterwards and the whole time Leeo was in the hospital ... and could not eat. It was horrid. I totally understand ..... but I am sure they will be waiting for us at the rainbow bridge some day when our time comes. :) ....

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yes I will be so happy to see her again! That rainbow bridge poem was so beautiful. I had never read it before. My vet sent it to us along with a sympathy card. We are still getting cards and gifts from people who are just finding out about Penny. It has not been that long for us. I am getting better. I will pray for you when I say my prayers that God will still our hearts and give us peace. Talk to you later.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts