1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hallie's shiny, slick, and lean. Just how I like em' :D -

And cute, of course-

No Hallie thread is complete without the Hallie 'look'-

And Hallie is still trying desperately to be Under Dog. She's trying her hardest to fly, and she's made some progress-

Thanks for looking!

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
She is in GREAT shape! Sooo many fat Beagles out there - so great to see one so athletic looking and in shape!

And those EYES...

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
Can't say I've ever seen a beagle that wasn't at least slightly overweight in real life. People have a really skewed idea of what they're supposed to look like.

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
Yes she is in super shape!!! .... and cute too!!! :D

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
WOW! She looks absolutely incredible <3 Athletic supermodel of a Beagle, isn't she? Love her so much.

Also, seriously. Where did our puppies go?!

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
Good for you :D I'm so sick of seeing overweight sausage-shaped dogs. She looks GREAT!!

·
Registered
123 Posts
I looked at her in astonishment. Nope. I have never seen a beagle as lean as her. I can't even succeed in getting my own to that level. Kudos to Hallie. I second the poster dog for healthy weight!

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Great looking dog! I keep my dogs lean, too. They're so much healthier that way. I agree - it's so nice to see a beagle that's not fat! My vet is also a huge proponent of keeping dogs on the lean side. Potsie has grade 4 luxating patellas, so it's really important that he not get overweight.

·
Registered
10,186 Posts
that's the only beagle i've ever seen in good shape. Good job!

·
Registered
463 Posts
Beautiful! Do you get people telling you how horrible you are for "starving" your dog? My girls are both in perfect condition with no saggy bits as well and people are always telling me they look too skinny while their 200 lbs year old lab waddles around about to have a heart attack.

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks everyone!

I too see lots of overweight Beagles. It's frustrating because Beagles are actually very active energetic dogs. Most people think Beagles are lazy, because they always see them waddling around and overweight.

Hallie goes on a 2.5-5 mile walk everyday, and that doesn't even tire her. I play fetch with her, take her swimming, we go to the dog park, and she even helps me volunteer at the Animal Shelter. Hallie is a very active, busy dog. :)

WOW! She looks absolutely incredible <3 Athletic supermodel of a Beagle, isn't she? Love her so much.

Also, seriously. Where did our puppies go?!
Our puppies are gone! Hallie is 4 already!

Beautiful! Do you get people telling you how horrible you are for "starving" your dog? My girls are both in perfect condition with no saggy bits as well and people are always telling me they look too skinny while their 200 lbs year old lab waddles around about to have a heart attack.
Oh, yes. All of the time! Even Hallie's Rally instructor, who sees countless dogs everyday, said Hallie was too skinny.

Oh well, our skinny dogs will outlive any overweight dog. :p

·
Banned
6,240 Posts
omg I saw her body and I thought wow! is that really a beagle? amazing! i didn't know beagles could look like that, great job! people say mine is underweight too, it's sad.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Oh, my, holy, WOW! That's a Beagle? Are you sure? Wow, best looking Beagle I have ever seen! That is amazing. What a gorgeous beauty you've got there.

My Shiba is shiny and lean as well. Everyone either thinks I'm starving him, or he's part Whippet. Same with my Border Collie/Labrador Retriever mix. People think she's Lab/Greyhound, and when they find out she's not, they think I'm starving her :p

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
Beautiful dog! I have never seen a beagle that is not overweight in real life.

People say I starve Damon my Min pin. :p He is a perfect weight.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts