Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just got back from walking Fidget. I do a two-block walk with her. about two-thirds of the way home, I heard a lady calling her dog. I saw a lady in a motorized wheelchair calling "Buddy" and whistling. I thought nothing of it, just assumed she was letting him out to do his business or something.

When I was almost home, Fidget whipped around on her lead and acted all strange. There was this beautifully-groomed purebred Sheltie with no collar or tags following us and bouncing around in the 'play-bow' position. He followed us and followed us and kept goofing around trying to get Fidget to play. I finally picked her up and walked home, with the sheltie close behind. I put Fidget's lead on the friendly stray and brought him home, got in the car, and started out to begin knocking on doors. I was about to go up to the first house when a truck came along, and someone was yelling "BUDDY!" out the window. It's so nice to see someone reunited with their dog. The lady was really happy and kept saying "thank you SO much". I guess, being in a wheelchair she couldn't catch the dog when it ran away :(

Anwyay, Buddy has been reunited :D Fidget is now sad since her new friend is gone though.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Nice job taking the time and making the effort to help. It's nice to know there are still neighborly people out there.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
SO today...we found ANOTHER lost dog, lol.

I swear, the people in this area need to watch their dogs a little better. There are always dogs wandering around loose...

Anyway, this old Lab was eating our neighbor's garbage. My hubby went out and saw he was really friendly. Thankfully he had a rabies tag on with his vet's phone number on it. We took the friendly 9 year old "Monty" on a walk to his home about a block away...the lady was just about to leave to start looking for him. She was very happy to see him...

Oh and yesterday while I was walking Fidget, Buddy's owner was driving home and stopped her truck to thank me again for finding him and looking after him. She was soo happy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts