Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made these for her since we are moving up to Michigan and it is going to be waaaaaaay colder there than it is going to be where I am now. These won't be used in any deep snow because it will just get wet and make her colder. Just for little walks and in the house (just the sweater in the house because our house is cold).

Enjoy ^^

Attachments

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
that's really cute....love the hat :).....

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This is the second thing I tried to make. I'm counting the outfit as one thing lol. I can show you where I got the pattern from for the base of the sweater. Then I just made mini scarfs to make the collar and "skirt" or whatever you want to call the bottom. I learned how to make the hat out of luck lol. I put the sweater on upside down on Lucas' head and it was a hat (went all the way down his neck though lol). So I figured I'd just make a really small sweater that would fit her head lol and there you go, a hat lol. Tassel I don't really remember how I made it lol I was just messing around with it.

I would make your dog one Kuma's mom, but I'm not good enough that I could make one for a dog that isn't there when I make it because I had to adjust the pattern to fit my dog since it was really short and only went to the ribs lol. I can put pictures of that one later.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
That's only your second project? Wow! You are a fantastic knitter. I'm still on row 5 of my first project. I've started over more times than I can count. Someday, I will get this right.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I love this idea! I also live in Michigan and this is my puppy’s first winter. I’ve been looking for a little sweater for her for the last couple of weeks. It seems like everything is either to small or to big and ridiculously expensive. I’ve made plenty of baby clothes and even sweaters for myself but I never even thought about dog clothes. Thank you so much for the idea.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ya it's pretty tedious lol. I have enough white yarn to do something else, but I can't think of what to do or if I even have enough for an actual sweater.

LenaCara where about are you in Michigan? I will be in the south east part.

·
Registered
731 Posts
That's pretty great for a 2nd project! I'm going to pick up regular knitting soon I think. I started loom knitting a few months ago because almost everyone was having a baby. My MIL and GIL crochet blankets but they needed some help as G'ma has slowed down and Mom is so busy so I was making hats while they did blankets.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Love it and great job for your 2nd project!! Where did you get the pattern?

Good thinking to prepare some cold weather gear for your move!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts