Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And I just realized why.

Many years ago I was backpacking in the Grand Tetons in Wyoming. I camped for a night on Jenny Lake and was soaking my sore feet in the lake when I heard a noise that was like a cross between a moan, a groan and a yawn. It was very loud.

I looked up and saw a cow moose standing on the shore, maybe 30 yards away, eyeing me suspiciously. Then she went back to drinking from the lake.

That sound is almost EXACTLY the sound Molly makes when she's trying to get our attention.

Which is nearly all the time.

·
Registered
10,534 Posts
Angel "chirps' when she wants attention, then talks (actually soun ds like she's trying to form words).

·
Registered
389 Posts
Well, you've got to love chirpers, moaner/groaners, warblers and dogs who can almost form words, don't you?

My little one is also great at smiling. She smiles a lot. I smile right back at her. We make each other smile. I know it sounds silly but there's a lot of smiling that goes on in this household.

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
They are cute aren't they? Abbylynn does the low moan/growl with funny real fast vibrato...........while little Leeo tries to make words, constantly moving his mouth and has actually accomplished the word "out". :)

I love the smiling. Leeo is the only one to do that................usually when he wants something!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts