Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think she's from down the road (half a mile or more - we're in the country) She's TERRIFIED of thunder and someone must have just thrown her outside because she barks.. a LOT :eek:

I took her in because she freaks out when there's thunder/lightening, and I didn't want her running out into the road and getting hit :(

If I knew for sure where she belonged, I'd just take her back to her home, but I don't... she's been around a couple of times before.

She has a collar, but NO TAGS. Seriously, why bother with the collar if you can't put a tag on it? A phone call and she could go home, but nooooo :rolleyes:

Ugh.. people suck sometimes.

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
She might not have tags on her collar for two reasons:
1. They came off.
2. She might be microchipped.

If you can, take her to your vet and see if she's chipped.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
None of my dogs have tags right now and it's not because I "suck". :p
My Golden discovered that tags are like handles and uses them to pull the other dogs around the yard on their backs until the tags come off. :rolleyes:

Anyway, maybe the poor little thing got freaked out by the storm and escaped? Can you knock on a few doors and ask if anyone knows where she lives? It's very possible the owners are panicked over losing their baby.
One of my GSD's in the past was a complete cry baby during storms. He would try to fit all 115lbs under an end table to hide whenever he heard thunder. Talk about a wimp! lol I have no doubt if he was in an outside kennel he would have found a way to escape and run until dropping from exhaustion. That could be the case here. ;)

Jihad
and the pound puppy crew.

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Yeah, you could always do what I did, (even though I got more grief for doing it than I thought...) knock on a few doors and you'll either successfully find the owners, or find someone who can positively identify the dog and it's home...

There are many people that have dogs that just wear collars, with no tags... I wish I could get Donatello microchipped, but at the same time I think that should also be a plan B... Unless of course like Jihad's dogs, they're used to pull each other around! lol! Donatello has dog-tags, but who knows, if he ever got loose from his tags someone might be generous enough to check for a chip.

My father's dog is terrified of thunder, and several time she's pummeled my stomach until I had big black and blue circles on my stomach. : ( Being terrified of storms is terrible, and I know several times I've just wanted to toss her outside until it's over, but at the same time that wouldn't have done a lick of good and it'd be more likely she'd jump the fence and bolt...

Good luck on finding the owner! : )

·
Registered
9,131 Posts
you could try putting an ad on Craigslist, say you found a lost dog but DON'T put anything about breed sex size anything like that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts