Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I found this website after collecting and reading usefull articles for my little angel. I was really looking for a place where I can share my questions and get an answer from because my puppy is so young and not well at this moment. I hate seeing her not well and it breaks my heart. Therefore, I can't wait to learn from dog experts here :redface:

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Welcome! Little Bostons are so so cute.

Sorry your puppy isn't well. I hope you are in contact with both the breeder you got your puppy from, and a vet.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi Claire! I have a BT as well, he's 10 weeks old. He got sick at 8 weeks just as I was supposed to pick him up and they kept him for another week as he had a bacterial infection (streptococcus). I picked him up at 9 weeks and he was still a sickie but they gave me antibiotics to continue for him for another week. He slept for about 20 hours when I picked him up, only waking to chew on his food and go potty. During the 9th to the 10th week he slowly turned from zombie to the energizer bunny and it was like a miracle to see him so animated by week 10. I'm sure you're little girl will be back to shark bites and endless licks and love in no time :)

·
Registered
91 Posts
I didn't even know about hypoglycemia when Laurel was your Boston's age and she survived. I'm glad you're here. This has been a very safe, friendly place for me to ask questions about my micro-mutt and you can't possibly mess up as bad as I did when she was new and tiny!

It helped me to keep a tube of Nutrical with me at all times but I found out after the fact that it really should have been part of her breakfast and perhaps mid-morning tea and lunch as well. A reputable breeder would have told me that, but nobody on this forum has ever told me to euthanize her and buy a "real" dog or anything like that.

Ask away! Post lots of pictures if that's how you roll! Welcome here. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts