Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everybody who has a dog who dosent shed!

Today, in a misguided effort to clean my car with my vacuum, I almost killed myself. See, my car is so hairy that when I was asked to pick a friend up for dinner, I knew it was either clean the car or die of embarrassment.

So I grabbed the vacuum with the intention of using the couch cleaner thingy. Unfortunately, it didnt exactly pan out the way I had hoped. Trout, thinking I was about to take him outside, jumped in front of me and the vacuum.
I tripped, and fell, on the vacuum, gashing my leg open on either the vacuum or something else in the danger zone I call my living room (currently moving, its a mess as well!)

YAY! now Ive got a bleeding, swollen leg. And to add insult to [literal] injury, I had to TRY to clean the car out with a lint roller, which was only mildly successful.
:(

So err... does anybody have any tips for getting the hair out, short of taking it to be vacuumed? I would rather not pay.

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
OMG! What an adventure LOL. I sure hope your leg gets better soon.

Was the vacuum cleaner broken during the incident? The only way I was able to get the hair out of my car was with my Dyson and the upholstery attachment lol. Maybe put Trout away for a bit while you're cleaning. >^^;<

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So Ive found! :rolleyes:

I would try the vacuum again, but I dont think the outside outlet is working...
I guess I could take it to one of those gas station things that take quarters, but those are precious quarters! Laundry, you know :p

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
I just go to a car wash and they usually have vaccumes where you put in 4 quarters and you get 5 minutes. I find it easier than trying to do it at home.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have always used duct tape rolled around my hand like a lint roller. It worked wonders for my step moms house who has a malamut(sp?) Good luck.

·
Registered
13,066 Posts
Shedding blade!

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
Go to Petsmart and get one of those foam blocks for taking hair out. They work great. IT is like a sponge and you just wipe it over hair and the hair sort of clumps together and sticks on it. Then you just pick the wad off of the sponge thing and toss it. I use it with the vacuum to be ultra effective.

I hope your leg heals quickly. :)

·
Registered
304 Posts
I have done the duct tape thing... :D (The lint roller didn't make a dent.)

The foam block sounds like something to look into though.

Ditto on healing up soon.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
HeeHee... I'm lazy. I just put a blanket over the dog hair in our old car. Now I have leather seats. They are awesome. No dog hair!

·
Registered
532 Posts
I feel your pain!! My backseat is ALWAYS nasty!

I usually try to make it down to the gas station and pay a buck for like 5 minutes of vacuum time with one of their heavy duty machines. It is enough to make a little difference. Last time I really wanted to get it clean to sit people back there I had to use three bucks, but it saves me a TON of time, plus my vacuum can't handle all the hair that ends up in my car.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Oh lordy ^
I think at one point my floormats were black... now they're grey.

JUST because the Fates wanted to make my other leg match the one I hurt this afternoon, I fell UP the bleachers at a concert tonight, and now I have a goose egg on my other leg. THAT hurts! Basically Im loading up on advil haha.

It looks like Ill be handing over a few precious quarters in order to get my car clean :[

·
Registered
535 Posts
I am sorry to hear about your bad day!
If your vacume cleaner broke then buy a new one. That's the only thing I can think of to use.

I had a bad day too. Pickle got off his leash and swam in the river with me swimming after him and we almost got hit by speed boats like six times. Then on the way back it was dark and we where walking through the woods and something like cackled and screeched at the same time and the weeds moved so I picked him up and ran home. Frightful day....:eek:

:eek:
Oh lordy ^
I think at one point my floormats were black... now they're grey.

JUST because the Fates wanted to make my other leg match the one I hurt this afternoon, I fell UP the bleachers at a concert tonight, and now I have a goose egg on my other leg. THAT hurts! Basically Im loading up on advil haha.

It looks like Ill be handing over a few precious quarters in order to get my car clean :[

When I was chasing after Pickle in the river (see other post) I didn't see the concrete dockish thing and how the water wasn't deep and I ran right on it and practically skinned myself. Advil is god.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts