Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was browsing craigslist today looking for crates...Someone had an ad up about some GSD/ASD mixes, so my being the curious person I am checked it out. The pups were only 4 weeks old, she had pictures and they are adorable but 4 weeks I think is way to young, she said they are eating soft food that has been thinned with water and put through a blender....YUCK!

So I emailed the woman and this was our conversation.

Hello,

I was reading your ad and I thought I would give you some helpful advice. I really don't believe that your pups are old enough to be leaving their mommy. I have had dogs since I was very young and I have always been told to wait until 8-12 weeks old. I'm not trying to offend you but I am worried for the health and well being of your pups.

I'm not sure why you are emailing me if you're not interested in a pup. I did not post here to have someone tell me how to raise my animals. I have been breeding mutts for decades and I know what I'm doing. These puppies are very healthy and all litters before them have been to. I'll tell you what, why don't you come see them? I'm sure you will fall in love and instead of worrying you can come home with a new bundle of fluff. Promise, you'll be impressed.

First of all I wouldn't come see your pups unless you were willing to surrender them all to our rescue. I don't understand why you would breed your dogs and then get rid of puppies that aren't even ready yet. When you're ready to get out of the breeding business, let me know we will take all those poor helpless animals off your hands. I feel bad for those pups and their future owners....

She hasn't responded back yet but I seriously wish she would and that she would surrender all or most to the rescue I work for but I'm sure I wouldn't get that lucky. I hate it when I see things like this and then for her to admit that she breeds these dogs? UGH!

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
You could also mention that they are supposed to have their first set of shots, as well as worming before being 'sold'...;) Atleast in alot of states you have to...

·
Registered
10,837 Posts
Not that it helps the puppies (or that you possibly could without having her address to report her) but you can report her to Craiglist directly (rather than flagging) and they will block her e-mail from posting. Regardless of legality, it IS against Craigslist rules to sell puppies under 8 weeks, and for breeders to post.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Im sure it would be super easy to get her address... all you have to do is get another account and act like your interested in buying a pup. That way... boom you have an address and you can report her for selling them so young.
Nessa

·
Registered
329 Posts
Get her address and report her..I can't believe anyone would let babies go at 4 weeks old..And then to have her say "I have been breeding mutts for decades and I know what I'm doing" This is what is a definite BYB IMO.

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
The sad thing of it is, is that she's probably doing it to make a quick buck. : ( Instead of going out and getting a reputable job or career she'd rather sit on her a$$ all day waiting for a litter of pups to be born- Completely disregarding their physical, mental and emotional health...

I don't know who to feel more sorry for, her- Or someone who adopts her pups thinking it's appropriate to bring home a 4-week old. : (

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I got ahold of her address and reported her to the proper authorities, they said it would be taken care of so we'll see.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts