Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know people seem appalled when I say this but I have say

Where you see cute I see demon. Where you go "ooo" I go "ugh" where you go "awww" I gag and vomit.

They poop everywhere
They pee everywhere
They whine
They cry
They harass the big dogs
They have sharp little teeth
They bite a lot
They NEVER STAY STILL

Puppies are EVIL.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
You were a puppy once. :)

I am fond of looking at puppy pics -- they are all so darned cute. I want each of them, until I remember I have a puppy of my own. A puppy I did not want -- I wanted a grown dog for the exact reasons you listed. Outvoted by family. But the next dog is going to be fully grown, large, and of a more serious breed.

Meanwhile, this one stays. I'm quite besotted with him, even though I could add many more items which frustrate me to your list. The more I train him, the easier he is to live with. Plus, he is cute and funny. Can't beat that.

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
Yeah.. I'm not one for puppies either. They're cute an all but I don't even want to babysit one. I hate not being able to turn around for a second without them getting into something.

As it is my schedule is way too busy to add a puppy so my next dog will most likely be older (thinking at least a year old).

·
Registered
123 Posts
I love puppies as long as they are someone else's. :)

·
Registered
373 Posts
I agree, and I don't care for babies either. Maybe I am selfish, but even as a teen, I did not care for our puppy. That is why we got Ginny at 8 month of age!!!

·
Registered
4,204 Posts
Peanut overall, hasn't been a bad puppy. Pretty much what I expect. I do LOVE the fact she's a female so I can say "You little bitch" without feeling like I'm saying a bad thing. I call her that ALL the time, because she is just horrible some days. I do not understand WHY my ankles must be bitten. Why when I walk MUST they be chewed on? If I kick her, she just comes back harder and faster. I swear one day I'm just going to hang her up by the tree in the back yard.

All I can say is I understand why puppies are so cute. If they weren't we wouldn't deal with them.

·
Registered
262 Posts
lol I DEFINITELY agree on the children part :p
Right now I have Sophie over for the first time, and OMG is this pup EVER different than Luke was. I am thanking God that she isn't mine, that Mom is coming to get her at midnight so Luke and I can have some peace. Good heavens, I've forgotten what it was like. Thinking of what Luke was like compared to her? It's like two differnet species altogether. Let's see.

She barks everytime she wants to be held. ((Thank you ever so much for spoiling her MOM!))
She bites everything. She is in to everything. The phone cord, the sheets on the bed, EVERYTHING. She is doing ok with house training but still she goes way more than Luke seemed to. Hmm...oh the barking. God I hate barking. She wants to be held. Oh let's not forget how she trips you everytime you so much as stand up. Or the way she attacks toys or anything she can get her jaws on with this god awful shaking of her head...looks lke she wants to KILL it.

Now Luke? Totally toilet trained at 9 weeks when I got him. No barking. No chewing on things other than his toys. No nipping. No jumping. He was quiet and cute and loveable and didn't bite my face. And gentle. I always said he was perfect. Now I KNOW he was :)

Yeah, I'm tired tonight lol. I can't take my eyes off of her and Luke. He's been really good with her but he did growl at her when she tried to steal his toy, so they won't ever be alone for quite a while yet. Plus he can be jealous if I give too much attention to anything other than him. I can't believe I'm saying it, but....I can't wait til she grows up,a nd I really want Mom to train her herself.

As cute as she is? Give me a Great Dane puppy anyday over her. Sorry for venting...it's been a long day

·
Registered
673 Posts
Lol, what a bunch of curmudgeons! Colt has been a pretty easy puppy. Besides only 'getting' house-training at five months old, and being a noisy little jerk, and chewing, and RR'ing at awkward times, and eating like a horse....he is mostly...somewhat well-behaved.

Actually, come to think of it, he's lucky my maternal instincts kicked in HARD the moment I saw him.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Yeah, puppies and kids are not my things. I told my husband before we got married that if he wants kids he'd better marry someone else. When we were looking for a furry friend I insisted that we get a dog between the ages of 2-5 but no, he just had to have a puppy and I got stuck with cleaning up the 3 P's: pee, poo & puke. blech. Cassy was 11 weeks old when we got her and I didn't start to like her until she was 4.5 months. Now I love her to bits but I still can't wait until the fuzzy little twerp grows the hell up.

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
Oh man... I am a TOTAL sucker for puppies. Babies, i like better when they're someone else's and i dont have to deal with them. But i've raised a devil puppy (ahem, Cadence)... Who... Had a sensitive tummy so it was cleaning up diarrhea poo in his crate and bedding daily, cleaning up puke, dealing with expensive shoes being chewed to shreds, and never having a moment's peace. Cadence was a nightmare, but i survived and well, i kinda miss having a puppy around. I survived raising devil puppy, so I'm sure I can handle any puppy now. Lol.

And puppy breath... It smells like heaven! How can anybdy resist? :D

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
I love, love, love puppies. I fall so bad for those adorable faces. (But not enough to let them get away with things, of course.)

Children on the other hand, no thanks. I don't even find them cute.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
I feel the same way about children ;)
Me too....makes me feel a little defective sometimes, but hey, I guess I am lol

I get the hating puppies thing, sort of agree....I think I would hate taking care of somebody else's puppy, just like I KNOW I hate taking care of other people's babies. I suppose, if it were my own I would feel different....kind of like with our puppy.

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
I know a few adult dogs that fit that description... :biggrin1:

I do think it's all about your preference and what you want in a dog. Same reason why it's so important to choose a good breed for you to own. Or to choose the dog with the temperament that you like the best. Get the dog you're happiest with!

·
Registered
9,710 Posts
i hate having puppies dumped on me by retarded idiots who do not understand two s***s and a piss when it comes to dogs. grr.

the puppies themselves are pretty interesting though.

·
Banned
1,934 Posts
I LOVE puppies! I can be in the worst mood in the world, go see puppies and feel absolute bliss. Even though raising them can be a little trying, I enjoy it so much and I've got it down to a science. Honestly there's nothing in this world that I love more than puppies. Kids however, the OP is exactly how I feel about them.

·
Registered
80 Posts
This is why I skipped the puppy stage and got a dog closer to adult age. Puppies sure are cute but raising a baby is easier in some ways than raising a puppy.
I love my kid...just not anyone else's lol.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts