Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
I don't know anything about Bull Terriers ... but my Dobie/Rott Abbylynn does this. So did Leeo my Schnauzer/Poodle and his Brother Blu Boy does this also ......

It all started when I had something of really high value ... and wouldn't allow them to have it ... and just ignored them. Now it is an all the time form of communication when they want "anything" Lol! :)

I am doing the same thing with Eddee .... he is slowly catching on to "talking"

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't know anything about Bull Terriers ... but my Dobie/Rott Abbylynn does this. So did Leeo my Schnauzer/Poodle and his Brother Blu Boy does this also ......

It all started when I had something of really high value ... and wouldn't allow them to have it ... and just ignored them. Now it is an all the time form of communication when they want "anything" Lol! :)

I am doing the same thing with Eddee .... he is slowly catching on to "talking"
Lol well speaking of that... A friend of mine bought this for Midna:

And she acts really strange around it... She'll carry it with her around the apt, and she'll whimper while playing with it.

A minute ago, she was on my bed, and when she remembered about the toy, she jumped out, went and got the toy, and got back on the bed on the same exact spot, and laid her head on top of it and whimpered.

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
Lol! Midna is beautiful BTW~ :)

Leeo had a stuffie called "Benny" ... and he always took it to bed and kneaded it and talked to it ... I could never figure out if he thought it was his Momma or his girlfriend! Lol! :/ He could also mimic the word "out" and knew what it meant. :) The other dogs are not quite that intelligent.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lol! Midna is beautiful BTW~ :)

Leeo had a stuffie called "Benny" ... and he always took it to bed and kneaded it and talked to it ... I could never figure out if he thought it was his Momma or his girlfriend! Lol! :/ He could also mimic the word "out" and knew what it meant. :) The other dogs are not quite that intelligent.
Thanks!

Yeah I keep thinking that she thinks the stuffie is her baby... but then she'll randomly shake it around and run around at 100mph carrying the stuffie. Maybe she just really really loves the toy.

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
Thanks!

Yeah I keep thinking that she thinks the stuffie is her baby... but then she'll randomly shake it around and run around at 100mph carrying the stuffie. Maybe she just really really loves the toy.
You know ... when you do find Midna "talking" to the toy or anything else ... you can always put it on cue. I did this with the howling Leeo did when he first hear a harmonica. I would say "Sing!' make a big party of it when he howled and gave him a treat. Before too long he would "sing" on cue. :)

Just an idea.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You know ... when you do find Midna "talking" to the toy or anything else ... you can always put it on cue. I did this with the howling Leeo did when he first hear a harmonica. I would say "Sing!' make a big party of it when he howled and gave him a treat. Before too long he would "sing" on cue. :)

Just an idea.
Very true, the only thing is that when she "talks" she just whimpers not really does the talking sound on the youtube video.
But as soon as she does the talking thing, i will definitely make a party lol.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts