Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yay my first time doing a complete "show" grooming on Hawkeye. I bathed him using regular scented dog shampoo on his body and whitening shampoo on his white areas.

then I towel dryed him and then I put him up on the grooming table and grabbed my mom's hairdryer and started drying him off. and brushing him. then I trimmed his feet and clipped his nails and voila'! Here is the result!
BTW he is 10 months old now and has his first ASCA conformation show comming up in two weeks!

·
Registered
9,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OMG he's gorgeous! Hey how did you blurry out the background?
I used the seletion tool on photoshope to select the background and then went to the "select" tab and click feather and set feathering to 35% and then went to "filter" and selected Blur and then Gaussian Blur and then just play around with that

·
Registered
932 Posts
He's gorgeous, and looks fantastic. Good luck at the confirmation show!

What do you use for the whitening shampoo?
White dog+ brown/black mud= brown/black dog+bath=pouty dog needing another bath.

·
Registered
640 Posts
He is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!! Wonderful job!

·
Registered
9,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
He's gorgeous, and looks fantastic. Good luck at the confirmation show!

What do you use for the whitening shampoo?
White dog+ brown/black mud= brown/black dog+bath=pouty dog needing another bath.
Thank you for wishing him luck I hope he looks good and I hope the judges like him too.

I use "Snowy Coat" made by "Fresh n' Clean"

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
I can't see the picture either, but I sure he's beautiful as well! And the best of luck!

·
Registered
13,066 Posts
He looks pretty good. He'll probably do better for himself in ASCA :)

I'd talk to some Aussie people. His ruff is nice and full, but he's lost a bit of neck due to that, so blow him out and what not, but then try to smooth things out around his neckline so he doesn't lose what he's got :)

I can even make Justin look like he has no neck if I blow him out too much.

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
Good luck to you and Hawkeye at your show. Very nice job with the grooming. :)

·
Registered
9,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thank you all. And ya Xeph I see what you mean I'll ask Gary and Shellie about that when I see them at club

·
Registered
13,066 Posts
By the way, I must say he really looks fantastic considering you didn't have access to a forced air dryer!

I don't know many people that can make an Aussie look good with out a K9 or Metro!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts