Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fang was snapping mad this morning about something... I have never seen him so upset about anything. My dad said there was a great dane outside.

I figured neighbors had relatives or friends over who owned a Great Dane.

Well then we went to the post office and I heard my dad go, "See?" I looked up from my dozing to see the biggest dog I had ever seen.

My dad got out of the truck and half walkeed/jogged into the post office, since he's terrified of large dogs.

I was going to get out and see what the dogs tags said. I called him over and he jumped back, I called him and he went around the truck and jumped into the open door! :p My dad came out to see a great dane sitting in the drivers seat and me calling him back to me. I was petting the dog while my dad read his tags, but the tags were just rabies tags. If I had more time I would have called the vet to contact his owners... but I didn't. :(

I'm his owners came and got him, or somebody did, because he isn't loose right now.

Now I just have to figure out who his owners are for future reference...

·
Registered
5,997 Posts
I was looking at a house one time and as I walked through the kitchen I saw a dog staring in the kitchen window. His head was right over the sill looking in. I walked over there to see what he was standing on and it turned out he was standing on nothing. It was a Dane who had just walked up to the window to see who was checking out his turf.

·
Registered
52 Posts
My girlfriend has a great dane and I have an irish wolfhound. Her dane (although a female while my IW is a male) is way smaller then mine.

According to my friend (she has had dane's all of her memory) Irish wolfhounds are alot bigger then the Great dane.

But my guy is a little bit on the big side currently 13 months old and 170 pounds. He is just starting to fill out, we can't even guess at how big he will get to.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My girlfriend has a great dane and I have an irish wolfhound. Her dane (although a female while my IW is a male) is way smaller then mine.

According to my friend (she has had dane's all of her memory) Irish wolfhounds are alot bigger then the Great dane.

But my guy is a little bit on the big side currently 13 months old and 170 pounds. He is just starting to fill out, we can't even guess at how big he will get to.
When i told my dad that some day I wouldn't mind an IW, he feaked, but I'm a big dog sort of person (hey, if you combine my three you get 90 :p). I've seen and IW before, but it was only 2 months old at the time. :D

I was looking at a house one time and as I walked through the kitchen I saw a dog staring in the kitchen window. His head was right over the sill looking in. I walked over there to see what he was standing on and it turned out he was standing on nothing. It was a Dane who had just walked up to the window to see who was checking out his turf.
Oh, wow... I would probably jump back alittle before going over to say hi. I'm not used to seeing dogs staring at me through windows!

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
I love irish wolfhounds!!!! Those are by far the biggest dogs I have ever met in person(biggest dogs in the world) but still, very intimidating to be around, but very very nice dogs!

Dane's are sweethearts too, I got to pet my first one a few months back, he was quite hyper it was cute...but the Wolfie could have eaten him as a snack :p

1 - 5 of 5 Posts