Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night I woke up to my dog lifting his leg on me. Any idea why this would happen? :confused:

I can see why a dog would do this if he hated his owner, but my dog loves me, he's a little momma's boy. We rescued him from a pet shelter when he was a few months old and he was sketchy from the beginning. He is scared of everything, and has gotten much better in the year and a half that we've had him, but it takes him a while to warm up to people. He has even had some problems with fear-biting in the past, but I think that he is over that. I am always the one he runs to and hides behind when he's scared, and he sleeps with me every night under the covers curled up by my chest. He also is completely house broken.

Could this be a totally random oops, or does my dog actually hate me?? :(

·
Registered
237 Posts
i don't think he hates you , but it might be a dominace thing. i struggle with the same problem with dominance. i can atmmit that Lilly gets away with alot of things and so does Flip but im trying hard to be a pack leader.its really hard for me.

·
Registered
146 Posts
If it is a dominance thing, my vet told me to make sure you eat in front of your dog before you feed him to ensure that he knows whos the pack leader. And also if you wrestle with your dog or play any kind of games, you have to make sure that your the winner almost every time, you can let him "win" every so often but if it gets too frequent he might believe that he was the pack leader. Funny, kinda nasty thought just popped into my head right now, but if he pee's on you pee on him right back! hehehe, no i'm just kidding, that would be totally nasty.

Attachments

·
Registered
237 Posts
thats what my old dog trainer told me,but I DIDNT DO THAT..they say that it does work,if you're willing to try.but i think its discusting.

·
Registered
146 Posts
what the trainer told you to pee on your dog? WTH? actually i might have done that accidentally but i'm not too sure, i was pee'ing in the bathroom and Ronin came up under my legs and it might have sprayed him, not sure i washed off his muzzle just in case.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Killerdrgn said:
what the trainer told you to pee on your dog? WTH? actually i might have done that accidentally but i'm not too sure, i was pee'ing in the bathroom and Ronin came up under my legs and it might have sprayed him, not sure i washed off his muzzle just in case.
thay told me to pee in a spray bottle and spray it at my dog ! ew...i would never do that...dont worry.he was my OLD dog trainer.i found a really good trainer now.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Okay......never heard of peeing on your dog. :eek: That trainer I believe had some.........ISSUES. Yuck! What it might have been is since you got your dog from there and it was a fear biter it might be that it doesn't hate you but was mad at you. If you punished it or didn't let it do something it wanted to do, didn't give it much attention that day it might have done it because it knew it would get attention that way. There isn't too much you can do about that but whatever you do don't pee on your dog. Don't feel bad though. My mother-in-law's dog peed on me when I was babysitting it. lol.

·
Registered
237 Posts
GSD lover said:
Okay......never heard of peeing on your dog. :eek: That trainer I believe had some.........ISSUES. Yuck! What it might have been is since you got your dog from there and it was a fear biter it might be that it doesn't hate you but was mad at you. If you punished it or didn't let it do something it wanted to do, didn't give it much attention that day it might have done it because it knew it would get attention that way. There isn't too much you can do about that but whatever you do don't pee on your dog. Don't feel bad though. My mother-in-law's dog peed on me when I was babysitting it. lol.
i didnt get Lilly from him, he was just a obedience trainer.i dont go there anymore.he picked on Lilly all the time and i got really sick of doing stuiped things that didnt work.i found a really good obedience trainer now.i would never do that to any dog......i mean talk about bactrea...icky !

·
Registered
245 Posts
Well, I'm glad you have a good trainer now. There was no reason to pick on Lily. That is ridiculous. People should only be in training if they enjoy it anf that person sounds like they didn't. I love it. Couldn't find a better job! Well, not that I actually work in it yet, just helping teach classes for school.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I also have to wonder if he was groggy. My daughter peed in a drawer in the bathroom because she was still half asleep. It was hysterical :D

But my dog peed on a couple things over his lifetime just because he was worn out. I remember takign him on a really long trip, with walks at rest stops. When we got to our detination he peed on a shoe I had removed, walked a couple steps, and crashed for about 6 hours. Another time he was even more tired than that: he peed on his dinner dish, stumbled away and crashed out again. Lol! My husband said it was his comment on my cooking.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts