Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry all, I just need to rant. I just took Hitch on this little walk that we often do. Whenever we go there is a ton of other dogs poo, the only reason that we go on that walk is because we don't have sidewalks in our community and this walk has a large dirt path next to the road so we don't have to walk on the street.

Well today I found out who leaves a lot of the poo. A couple was walking in front of me with four dogs, one was off leash trailing behind them. Well the one trailing behind went poo, and I thought, maybe they didn't notice. I tried to alert them of this, the guy looked back and just gave an "oh well" look. Then the dog he had on a leash went poo, and he just let it finish and walked on. My husband usually does the morning walk, so I asked him if they walk that route often, and he said yes.

I know that other people contribute to the poo lined trail, but I get so mad when people don't clean up after themselves. I don't want to smell the stench nor do I want to have to avoid other's poo!

Thanks all, I feel a little better now.

·
Registered
5,931 Posts
Find out if your town had a dog waste law. Ours does, there is a $250 fine if you don't pick up dog waste, unless it's on your own property. If your town has such a law, call the police, tell them where this takes place, plus a description of the man & dogs, and the time of day you see them. Maybe he'll think twice about not picking it up when it costs him money.

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
Yes, ours has a dog waste law....don't know that our police force would put much time into that though....
Carry some extra poop bags, and when you see someone's dog in the act of pooping, hand them a bag, pretend you're trying to be helpful, and say something like, "here you go! wouldn't want to leave that for someone else to step in, right?"

·
Registered
10,186 Posts
Ugh, I hate that, too. I especially hate being yelled at over other people's poo. I clean up my dog's, I'm not cleaning up everybody else's!

·
Registered
894 Posts
makes me kind of mad too. especially since our county is not dog friendly at all. people dont pick their dogs poop up and all dogs owner reputation just goes down even more...ugh. i always have bags with me and i always pick it up!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We do have law against leaving dog waist here, but I don't think that our police would do much about it. We also do have a HOA that can fine you for leaving dog waste. You can even be fined if you leave it in your own back yard too long, I think it is a week. I should tell the HOA, they have security for checking on if people are following the rules.

I do carry a bunch of bags with me all the time, the guy was out in front of me and gave me that "I don't care" look, I don't think he would have done anything with the bag. I also didn't want to run up to him with the fact that he had four decent sized dogs, one being off leash. Not that these dogs would have done anything, just I don't know them.

Amaryllis, that sucks that you get yelled at because of other's not cleaning up after their dogs.

Salina, I would not like to be in your situation, I hate it when people generalize.

·
Banned
1,765 Posts
Cops will always want money. Whether they're going to go through the effort to track someone down is another issue. I guess if you live in an area with a strict HOA, that could work.

I think the fine is $250 here too. I was told that one night when my dog pooped in the dark. I was approached by a bike cop while I was using my cell phone to try to figure out where he pooped. :p

·
Registered
14 Posts
I've had my dog for 2.5 weeks.

And in these last 2.5 weeks I've noticed more dog poo on our streets than I care to share with you. It's gross. I've started bringing extra poo bags with me when we walk, as my puppy tend to sniff out every pile he can find. And then he tries to eat it. Ick!

If I were you, and I saw the dog walkers again, I'd hand them the extra bag and politely say "thought you could use a spare" smile, and keep walking :)

·
Registered
10,837 Posts
Cell phones to capture people leaving behind waste when there is a fine is always great. Years ago when I lived in an apartment with Smalls we kept getting notices for fines saying we were leaving dog poop in the courtyard. We didn't even TAKE her to poop in the court yard, and there was no proof or any one reporting otherwise. Our next door neighbor was taking his dogs out to poop in the courtyard, so I videoed it from our window and a few occasions. Not only was it them, turn out they were hiding two adults and a huge litter of puppies in their apartment and paying no pet fee.

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Our local soccer park has poo-bag stations (free poo bags!), and STILL we find dung heaps along the walking path. Hope dogs aren't banned from the park due to irresponsible owners.

·
Registered
5,931 Posts
Cell phones to capture people leaving behind waste when there is a fine is always great. Years ago when I lived in an apartment with Smalls we kept getting notices for fines saying we were leaving dog poop in the courtyard. We didn't even TAKE her to poop in the court yard, and there was no proof or any one reporting otherwise. Our next door neighbor was taking his dogs out to poop in the courtyard, so I videoed it from our window and a few occasions. Not only was it them, turn out they were hiding two adults and a huge litter of puppies in their apartment and paying no pet fee.
Good idea! I realize that some police departments might not put much stock into it but it can't hurt to ask.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah, I didn't bring my cell phone, I thougt my husband had his. I even told my husband to get out his cell so I can take a picture. He said that he left it at home. I have been in a couple of situations that my cell phone camera has helped out in.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts