Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are puppy sitting Bob, a pit bull, for my brothers friend who is just to stressed to have a dog at this time. My brother is the really puppy sitter...do you think he's actually here?? And what dog toys does he have??

Oh well. :)

So Bob is 6 months old and already ripped to shreds 3 toys. He's not the best bred beast on this side of the road, and he's aggressive toward small animals. He has no training at all... I take that back...he sits.

He LOVES tug-o-war, more than anybody...I'm tired of the game already. Any other suggestions?

He's adorable.

I'm gonna go take pictures!

·
Registered
5,140 Posts
If he is aggressive towards small animals - prey drive? Loves tug of war - gripping. Then why not make him a flirtpole and a springpole.

That is a shame with your brothers friend being "too stressed out" and also your brother is not around is that the same one that was hitting the dog trying to get food he kept offering? If so it is probably better you babysit.

You could also put some time into training him, I realize it is not your responsibility and once he goes back with his owner he might not keep the training going but it is good for his mind and might make him more enjoyable to be around.

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
I agree with Spicy....a flirt pole is my best friend :D

The training part sounds good too...may end up a waste of time in the end if the owner wont keep it up...but for the here and now it will burn up some of that brain energy

oh a PICTURES please :D!!!

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The flirt pole is a good idea, I have been planning on making one for Kola for quite some time, now is as good a time as any!!

That is a shame with your brothers friend being "too stressed out" and also your brother is not around is that the same one that was hitting the dog trying to get food he kept offering? If so it is probably better you babysit.
It is the same brother, so I have to agree with you... Not that I really mind watching him...even if he is lacking in training! Right now we are working on 'down,' 'off,' and 'heel.'

The training part sounds good too...may end up a waste of time in the end if the owner wont keep it up...but for the here and now it will burn up some of that brain energy
I'll probably have a few words with the owner when she gets him back at least so she knows what I worked on... and tell her he needs to see a vet, depending on how long we have him. I have reason to beleive he has mites.

Well, I'm off to make that flirt pole!

·
Registered
172 Posts
My pit bull mix loves her rubber kong ball. She will chase that thing for hours.
Pit bulls are really playful, so just make sure you get a toy meant to take abuse. The regular Kong isn't a bad idea, but get the extreme version. As a baby, Gir destroyed the puppy Kong.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts