Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been going home during my lunch break to check on my puppy (12 wks old) and today I stepped on her leg on accident.

I feel absolutely sick to my stomach and devastated that I did that to her. She yelped very loud and whined for a few seconds. I felt the leg, she didn't cry out, and she was walking normal then chasing/jumping up on me. No limping or whining after the fact.

I am back at work, but what should I look for when I get home this evening? Or should I take her to the vet just as a precaution?

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
Your probably fine, when I had a chihuahua(tiniest freaking puppy in the world) I stepped on him so much, I felt so bad, but he was okay.

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
I'm sorry! Max still gets underfoot and stepped at least weekly. Now he mostly gets all excited when I step on him. Goofy dog. When I had a bunny years ago, I learned to shuffle when I walked. Kicking a tiny animal while not good is better than stepping on them.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Dogs can take quite a bit. Keep an eye on your pup. If she starts limping or shows signs of pain then you can take her to the vet. But be diligent. Often dogs will try to hide pain (it is a survival instinct) so watch her when she doesn't know she is being watched. Play with her and get her to run a bit.

I step on my dog almost daily...they are good at getting under foot! And don't worry, she probably doesn't even remember it now!

·
Registered
304 Posts
I got my poor dog Merlin THREE times the other morning, just trying to get around the end of the bed to the alarm clock. Yikes!

I stepped on his tail twice in the process of trying to get off of it from the first time. Guess neither one of us was awake yet. Good thing was, I was barefoot and he has a nice bed, so his tail didn't get squished flat.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts