Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Susan Boyle... she is my new hero... I just watched her video on youtube and I have just stopped from crying and decided to share this wonderful performance to all of you.

She made me realized how bad people can really be. She truly is a wake up call for many of us all. To not judge someone by their appearance.

Go SUSAN!!! make everyone who's been judge by their looks proud!!!

I hope you all enjoy watching this video! Because I truly did.

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
I was totally going to make this topic yesterday, then forgot to. -_-

She is amazing, and I love the annoying girl that was rolling her eyes when Susan said she wanted to be a professional singer. Wench. XD

Oh...Your video doesn't work. Says embedding was disabled.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I can't stand that show, but even I got to admit that her singing is awesome. I didn't want to see the video earlier, but my mom made me watch it.

·
Registered
226 Posts
It disgusts me how obsessed people are with outwardly appearance, and how it seems to be a person's only "merit". I have actually dabbled in a job where looks are everything, and let me tell you, outward beauty very rarely equals inward beauty. I have been hearing about this on the news, but had never seen the clip. This woman DESERVES all the success, she is truly inspirational. Her inward beauty is one that I think everyone should aspire to.

What does looking good have to do with singing anyway? I could have beat that teenaged girl when I saw her rolling her eyes.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Wow! INCREDIBLE! I am so, so happy for Susan - what a beautiful story. I am so moved by this - thanks for posting.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I like how everyone (not just here) says how we shouldn't be so concerned with outer beauty and looks, but EVERYONE seems to basically be saying, "Dang, a fat, ugly chick can sing...Imagine that." It brings it all back to the looks issue, though.

BTW, yes, she can sing. I saw the video, and was impressed, and I don't claim to be immune to the surprise...
I am pretty sure I said nothing of the sort in my post, and I didn't pick up on that in anyone else's post either. I wouldn't give a darn if she was a blonde haired, blue eyed, 5'11" "bombshell" because honestly, if you can sing, what does it MATTER what you look like on the outside? That is all I was getting at.

·
Registered
4,574 Posts
I'm with you, jasony.

The reason this woman is interesting is because she is an unlikely candidate for stardom. She CAN sing, but no better (and maybe not as well) as dozens of current recording artists and Broadway stars. She's not getting all this attention because she can sing. She's getting it because she's an older woman with crazy eyebrows who has never been kissed...and can sing.

I admire her for pursuing her dream at a time in life when many people have given theirs up. I'm not sure she's my hero, though.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I didn't say you said it. This site has some of the most sensitive people I've ever met. I'm saying, people were surprised... People see Britney Spears, nobody is surprised she can sing, and blogs aren't posted about it, nor are entire threads devoted to it.
Assumptions... assumptions, please do not assume I am sensitive, because I am far from it. I know it's difficult to read TONE on forums, but I wasn't being sensitive, and you certainly did not offend me. I just want to make myself clear on how I felt, that is all. Carry on.

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
WOW!

When a supposed positive thread gets response like that, I feel like throwing up. My intention for posting this thread is to share to other people this inspiring story of Susan.

Btw, dont even get me started about Britney Spears. I am a fan, even went to her concert a couple of weeks ago and I did make a blog about her in the past. So dont tell me people dont write stuff about her. Clearly, you didn't know Britney is one of the most searched person on Google. Also, when Britney sings live, PEOPLE ARE SHOCKED about it. Because she is known for lip synching.

Would you be pleased if I start making threads about Britney Spears here? I doubt it. A thread about an amazing woman such as Susan who at her age is keen on following her dreams is something worthy to write about, I bet most people here would rather read stories liker Susan's than read about A DAY IN THE LIFE OF BRITNEY SPEARS.

If a thread is not to your liking, that's fine. But to make assumptions about the intentions of people replying to it is just wrong.

p.s

there is nothing wrong about being sensitive. it makes us human.

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
Well I think it is thread worthy. Susan IS an inspiration to others. Why? Because she had a dream and she didn't give up. At 47 most folks that dreamed of becoming a star have long since given it up. She gave it another try and proved once and for all to the world that she can sing. Good for her. I am so very happy for her.

Here is another susan boyle song
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jI2DxkrgpgQ

·
Registered
226 Posts
Well I think it is thread worthy. Susan IS an inspiration to others. Why? Because she had a dream and she didn't give up. At 47 most folks that dreamed of becoming a star have long since given it up. She gave it another try and proved once and for all to the world that she can sing. Good for her. I am so very happy for her.
Very well put. Dream big everyone. ;)

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Lol.

I'm not amazing that someone who isn't as "pretty", like her, can sing. I'm more amazed that after all this time, she had wanted this dream, but it never did until just NOW. How on earth did no one see her talent before this? THAT is amazing.

And the way that she didn't let all the nay-sayers in the crowd put her down...that was amazing, as well. She took their unspoken critism, because they judged her without hearing her, and they were floored. Congrats to her!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts