Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Second day hanging out together for short periods... Willow and Jasper are happy to sleep near one another. Success!

Willow really needs a bath. :D We went hiking on Saturday and did a lot of running through creeks and muddy banks. Of course, she decided to roll in some of said mud, and she doesn't look as white as she should. ;) Bath time for all 3 dogs today.

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
I love Jasper sleeping on the bench... that's too cute. :D

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! Those benches are great. I've caught all of them sleeping up there from time to time, and they love to hop up there to observe wildlife and such. It's my favorite part about the kennel!

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
Pretty nice 'kennel'. Not alot of dogs have such a nice 'seating' arrangement in their kennels. :D

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LOL, I know. They got pretty lucky when I bought this house!! I just sectioned off the covered portion of the back deck with heavy-duty woven wire, and called it a kennel. ;)

They have 3 benches and a ceiling fan. :D They LOVE it and it's been a great way to give them time outdoors while we are working on fencing part of the yard. It's nice to not worry about muddy paws, rainy days or heavy snow!

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Oh, I just love your pics. This one is so relaxing.

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
Well this is going somewhere fast it seems! Can't wait until all three are passed out next to each other in the kennel like that. Jasper is such a cool dog.

(You should take after bath pictures of all of them so we get our Willow/Bandit/Jasper fix on DF :D )

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Bandit pretty much ignores Jasper... he pretty much ignores every dog he meets. :) He is EXTREMELY polite. Jasper, on the other hand, is super excited to meet Bandit and just melts into wags and whines when Bandit walks by. I've let them meet on-leash, as well as through the kennel fence. They're doing fine, but I'm not going to let them hang out together until Jasper is neutered... in the hopes that will decrease any same-sex aggression that might arise.

There was a little scuffle between Willow and Jasper later today, but nothing major. As usual, Willow was the instigator - she got sick of playing, and whipped around and did several jaw-snaps in the air at Jasper. In turn Jasper growled and snarled a little defensively. A quick clap of the hands and a firm "Cut it out!" got the desired response; both dogs lowered their tails and ears and ran to me in apology. Neither of them are very submissive so they can sometimes push one another's buttons, but I don't think it's anything serious to worry about.

LOL!!!! Dog loaf, I love it! :D :D :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts