Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a sad story from the adoption shelter where I got Abbylynn from ... as I always look at that particular adoption center ....

Email a friend Printer friendly ...

Hello, my name is AUDRA. I have fought a long hard battle to get myself here. I had a family but they moved out and left me behind to fend for myself. But I really didn't want to trust any new people so I was getting hungrier and hungrier and lonelier and lonelier. I was staying in the empty house and would run across the street to the trucking company and the guys there would throw me bits of their lunch.

It took me a good while but then I did start getting close enough to take food out of their hands but would never let anyone touch me still.

There was one really great lady there that made it her mission to help me out and save me. She tried and tried but I was just too scared. I had actually caused a accident from running in the road there so it was really important that someone catch me, I didn't mean to be causing so much trouble, I'm just a little thing. I was just so very hungry and I knew people were over there since my family had deserted me.

I finally got trusting enough and got into one of the buildings to look for more food and I got myself trapped in one of the offices. So needless to say the girls here at the dog pound came over right away and got me brought back here to the pound. I've been fine since I got here.

I like the other dogs and I'm not trying to get away from the people or anything. I have some flea allergies that the girls here are working on getting all fixed up and lemme tell ya, that's a relief there!

I really would love to be back into a family again, just please don't ever leave me all alone like that again. I'm just a small girl and can't really be out in the world by myself like that, I didn't like it at all. Maybe you could come and meet me and see if you would consider giving me a chance in your family.

I AM SCHEDULED TO BE EUTHANIZED ON : WEDNESDAY MARCH 28TH

She is about 5 years old and needs her skin to heal on her tail from the flea allergies and also needs her teeth cleaned and maybe some dental work and she is as skinny as a skeleton. I bet she doesn't even weigh 12 pounds ... poor old girl. She was also spayed this morning in PA. for the second time ... they did not see the scar and did exploratory surgery on her.

She had been abandoned for about three months.

She is listed as a Jack Russel/Parson Russel Terrier ... and as sweet as can be.

My heart strings couldn't stand the pull ... and I adopted her. She needs me as much as I need her. I have named her Lucy ... and we will be getting a dental next week. :)

I am sure Leeo would be proud ... as I told them my story.

·
Registered
171 Posts
That is awesome! So glad you could bring her home :)

All three of my dogs are from the pound/rescue. I love them all. I wish I had more time/money/energy and I would adopt more! :)

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
What a sad story, so glad you have given her a home though, she is a lucky dog to get a home with you, hope she settles in ok.

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Aww, congrats on rescuing each other! We need pics!
I posted some in the dog picture forum ... but ... why not! :) She has wirey hair on her back and tail (what is left of the hair) and a teeny bit of scruff on her chin ... she is sooo cute in person. She almost looks a little " Beagley " to me? But her face is super long.

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
She has an incredibly sweet, sad face. I can't wait to see pics in a month or so, when she has time to realize she is loved, and her eyes get life in them, and become soft.

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well you are a little crazy, but it's a very nice crazy.
Lol! After what I have been through for the last couple of months ... I think I finally snapped! :) ... in a good way though. I just couldn't let her be euthanized ... I just couldn't. They say things happen for a reason ............

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
How wonderful that you were able to adopt her. :D She's a really cute little dog too.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I'm so glad you decided to adopt! Lucy is going to be a happy healthy puppy thanks to you:)

My Perlita is a rescue and I swear sometimes I can tell she's grateful that I took her home. I wish I had a bigger place and more time so I could have more puppies!!! Congrats on your adoption, and thanks for doing it!

·
Registered
5,931 Posts
Aww, while sort of a sad story, what a happy ending! You both need each other!

·
Banned
964 Posts
I posted some in the dog picture forum ... but ... why not! :) She has wirey hair on her back and tail (what is left of the hair) and a teeny bit of scruff on her chin ... she is sooo cute in person. She almost looks a little " Beagley " to me? But her face is super long.

Awwwwww.
That doggie looks like shes been through a lot...
Thanx for taking her into your home!:clap2::clap2:

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Poor baby girl! Glad she's safe and with a family that will help her relearn that people dont mean her any harm.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
I'm glad you rescued Lucy ... she needs you, and you need her. She is one very cute and very lucky dog!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts