Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

I cloned Marge!!

1K views 18 replies 14 participants last post by  MissMutt 
#1 ·

Actually, no I didn't, nor do I need to, as you can see. We had a meet up with three of Marge's brothers this weekend. There are three other puppies in the litter, but no one knows where they are (two are in NJ, one is in Georgia). If not for her darn collar giving her away, I would have quizzed y'all to see if you could pick her out of the lineup..

See less See more
#2 ·
This is her brother, Midnight...

Who lives with her other brother, Homer.. (doesn't he look like a Sighthound?)

Then there's Fergus (foreground).. Marge saw him a few times last fall when we used to go to the DP

And of course my silly little Margedog.

#3 ·
Marge did not feel like doing much of anything while there. In fact, the most that any of the four interacted with each other was through sniffing. Not a single play bow or raised paw to be seen. It was HOT.

She was well behaved for the most part, but didn't want to be bothered at some points, especially while she was under the bench. She got a little snarky with them at some points, but I suspect the heat had a LOT to do with it. She picked up on how to dig from Fergus, and dug herself a hole in the shade.

This might be an odd picture to put in, but today really opened my eyes to the fact that Marge is MUCH more of a people dog than she used to be. She accepted pets from everyone and even lied quietly on the ground when being petted by Homer/Midnight's dad. Yes, a man!! :-D :-D That is Fergus behind her.

It was a nice little visit, but a bummer that no one wanted to play. Marge seemed more receptive to the other dogs towards the end of the visit, so we plan on hopefully setting something up again in the fall, when the weather is cooler. It was nice to see the boys, though.. I remember them when they were in th shelter, they were SO afraid. They've all opened up a considerable amount.

BTW, breed re-guesses are welcome now that you've seen all of them. :p

#13 ·
Out of the 7, I know for sure that 5 were black, and one was black and tan. No idea about the last one.

I'm so glad Marge did well at the meet up. I know you've been concerned about her lately. Bet it was the heat. I wasn't the most pleasant person when my power went out last night after a storm!

Maybe it WILL go better in the fall.
Maybe it will.. no heat, no fireworks, no busy summer-ness.. lol. Thanks alpha!

LOL! I stared at the first picture real hard to see if I could find signs of a photoshop job. Can't believe how much they look alike. And I guessed wrong the first time - picked the 2nd from left as Marge based on the alert expression in the 2nd pic. I wish Poca could get together with her sibs. Would be fun to see how they've all changed.
It sure was fun. I wish their personalities could have come out a little bit more but the heat just wouldn't allow it.. oh well, hopefully we do it again!

Holy Cow! Look at all those Marge look-a-likes. Would the real Marge, Please stand up? They are all cute, but Marge is the cutest.
Thanks Inga! :)

Wow! They all do look like beautiful clones of each other! Honestly, if it weren't for the collar, I'd have no idea which was her.
It was hard in the beginning, but now I'm a pro at it. :D I remember how hard it was in the shelter when they were all there.. we had to make sure that no collars were switched accidentally. Thankfully for Marge, with her being the only girl we always knew which one she was.

Wow, what a gorgeous bunch of doggles!

I would say black lab, hound and possibly a smidge of sighthound (nose and ears). I still think she and Cracker could be the light and dark colours of the same dog..lol
Yep, I think sighthound too.. they are all blazingly fast and seem to have the general shape. Marge is a little more muscular than the other three though.

Very cute! It LOOKS hot, and all that black fur sure isn't helping.

Your right, if it wasn't for the collar I would have failed your quiz miserably.
Hehe. In retrospect I wish she would have had her red collar on so that way we could get all confused between her, Fergus and Homer, who were both wearing red.

That's a lot of happy black dogs!
Happy and HOT. :D

I love the picture of Marge under the bench... ; ) Dogs are smart, my father's dog digs holes all over the yard where she likes to be, that way when it gets too hot she can lay in one and try to "cool" off...

I think they're all wonderful. : ) I'd say Lab and some hound maybe...
Thanks Deege. :)

#6 ·
LOL! I stared at the first picture real hard to see if I could find signs of a photoshop job. Can't believe how much they look alike. And I guessed wrong the first time - picked the 2nd from left as Marge based on the alert expression in the 2nd pic. I wish Poca could get together with her sibs. Would be fun to see how they've all changed.

#7 ·
Holy Cow! Look at all those Marge look-a-likes. Would the real Marge, Please stand up? :) They are all cute, but Marge is the cutest. :D ;)

#8 ·
Wow! They all do look like beautiful clones of each other! Honestly, if it weren't for the collar, I'd have no idea which was her.

#12 ·
I love the picture of Marge under the bench... ; ) Dogs are smart, my father's dog digs holes all over the yard where she likes to be, that way when it gets too hot she can lay in one and try to "cool" off...

I think they're all wonderful. : ) I'd say Lab and some hound maybe...

#17 ·
Thanks ara. :)

Very pretty! You can tell they are all related :)
Haha yes, you certainly can. Thanks!

Oh wow! That is so cool that you've been able to stay in contact with most of the owners of Marge's littermates. I wouldn't have been able to pick her out without her tell-tale collar.

What a nice little family reunion :)

Thanks! I'm happy we've stayed in touch, too. It is nice to see her brothers grow and live in happy homes. God knows they've all been through a ton in their lives.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.