Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As many of you know, Roxxy has storm issues. Butch is starting to exhibit some of her fears...shaking and crawling on my pillow. He did this before (occasionally) but has started to do it every time it thunders. Roxxy's "Wonder Woman" cape has worked so well for her that I ordered one for him.

If anyone here has a dog that has storm phobia, I highly recommend it. Roxxy still shakes and pants, but the time she spends doing this is diminished extensively. It used to take her forever to calm down and just relax. Now, as soon as the thunder stops, she lays down (ears still up to listen for any more) but she actually falls asleep while doing this. She no longer crawls all over me (which was REALLY annoying) but sits (or lays) at my feet on the bed (it seems this is where she feels the most comfortable during a storm).

Here is the link http://stormdefender.com/

Check it out for yourself. It really works. PM me if you want more details. I know everyone here is sick of reading about Roxxy and her fear...:eek:

·
Registered
6 Posts
My Roxy is also terrified of thunderstorms! That's actually the reason I joined www.dogforums.com today! What exactly does the cape do? How does it soothe the dog? I don't like using the strong medicine to make her sleepy...I don't like drugging my dog to that degree! So maybe this is the answer.

Yesterday I left her in her crate all day because it was due to storm. Of course, with my luck, it never did. I got home shortly after 5PM and she had gotten sick (diarrhea) in her crate! I believe this is because she gets anxious and worked up while in there. So I had quite a mess to deal with. It's either put her in the crate and hope she doesn't get sick, or leave her out and hope she doesn't get so terrified that she tears up doors and whatnot.

So frustrating! Any advice in this area is appreciated!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts